Chapter 17

Vanessa's POV--

I still had a day til I went back to Hogwarts, back for my fifth year.
Not much has happened that was of particular interest. Harry had events every year that was caused by He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named trying to kill him.

I mostly kept to myself. But once my dad was involved I started keeping myself distantly in the loop.

I heard alot about Draco, and how he's on Voldemorte's side along with his family. He accepted it so willingly, but I guess violence comes easily to him.  I trace my scars with my finger, the scars from when Draco shoved me. 

I don't think my dad ever got over that either. Whenever I touch or look at the scars, or even when he sees them, a scowel crosses his face and refuses to speak. He barely talks to Draco now, and tries not minimalize conversation during classes. He even makes sure he is never near or in my groups during studying or classes.

Honestly, I think Draco hurt my father more than he did me. I still think about him, about that smirk of a smile and that bleach blonde hair.

What's done is done, and as far as I'm concerned Draco has no part in my life anymore.

I put some water in the kettle and set it, getting my tea cup ready. I sit down to my laptop that sits on the table, opening it. Dad is already at the school, so I have the whole day, and house, to myself so I decided to do some writing.

The time passed way too fast, and I found myself sitting at the table at 10:30pm. I hadn't even looked at the clock when I was writing, or getting up for breaks of bathroom, food, and water.

I put away my things, and headed upstairs. I climbed into my bed after doing my nightly routine, and lifted my phone up.

I hadnt heard from Hermoine in a while, maybe I'll see her tomorrow.

*next day*

I packed up my stuff and set it by the door. Honestly, I wasn't ready for school, or to see Draco, but I didn't have a choice. I need to graduate.

My neighbour went with me to the platform, where we stood staring at eachother.

"You have a good year, darlin. Hopefully I'll see you at Christmas!" He says.

"I'm sure you will!" I say smiling, after that we say our goodbyes.

The trip back to school felt short, probably because I ignored everyone and read the entire time. Event Draco tried to talk to me, but he couldn't say any words and he gave up and walked away.

I can't get him out of my head now, I'm not sure why.

The first thing I did when I got to Hogwars was I found my dad. It didn't take me long as I passed him in a hallway. We stopped along the wall to talk.

I gave him a hug, and got some looks from the other students. The first years will probably think it's some sort of gross teacher-student sexual relationship, but who knows. The other students were used to it, tho the newerish ones still gave looks.

"How was your day alone?" My dad asks, I merely shrug.

"Went by fast, did some more writing." I say, "How was your night here?"

"Boring, as usual. But I have planned out some interesting things to do in class. I'm sure you'll enjoy them." He says. We laugh, and talked about the things we used to do in classes the last few years.

We walked together to the dining hall, talking. But that was dropped short when Draco passed us, and dad stopped talking and put his arm around my shoulders as a small hug before separating in the dinning hall.

--------

So I'm guessing that me always putting the "please vote, comment, and everything else!" Thing will get annoying.

So I will try and limit it to every few chapters or so.
But I would really appreciate if you do vote and comment what you think on all my chapters (or even a few). The feedback, both positive and negative, is a great help!!!
Thanks so much for those who love my book, and I hope to continue catching that interest in you, and everyone else!!!