Chapter 8

Vanessa's POV--

The next few weeks went by fast, and soon the christmas holiday would be here. Man was I excited! I would finally get to spend time with my dad.

Dumbledore an some of the other professors had recently asked if I would volunteer to help out with a few things. I might be a Slytherin, but that doesn't mean I'm purely evil. So, I helped out.

They taught me cool spells to make christmas decor and wall coloration appear. And Dad helped me make a green and red fog for in the Slytherin Common Room, and a whole bunch of cool things.

I even helped the house elves. Which isn't a normal thing let me tell ya. I made a friend with one, his name was Drabbins. No one ever saw him, an I rarely did. But after I helped out around the school he would politely say hello. He, too, taught me some interesting things.

But I couldn't get my mind off of the Whomping Willow. For such a violent nature, I'm curious as to why it is on school property.

I tried to talk to Draco about it, but he would just shrug it off, saying he wished Harry Potter (emphasizing his disgust in the last name) would he squashed by it. Of course, every time he said it, the image popped into my head an for some reason I always laughed. It would be funny.

I was interrupted when the Common Room door opened, I turned from my seat on the couch and smiled.

"Hello, Vanessa." My father said, as he walked in.

"Hey," I said, then frowned. The look on his face was a tint different. From his usual monotone and bland look, there was a hint of urgency and worry.

"How are you holding up?" He asked, I smiled.

"Good, classes are good, the people here are okay," I said, he nodded.

"Might we take a walk?"

I got up from my seat, and followed him out the doors. We walked down the hallway.

"I know of your curiosity of the Whomping Willow."

"Oh?" I asked, unsure of what he was getting at.

"I need you to be careful. It's dangerous." My father said, then paused. "There are some secrets I don't want you knowing yet. And you know I always tell you." I nodded.

"Please promise me." He said lowly, I nodded as we walked.

"Of course, dad." I said, an gave him a reassuring smile. We walked quietly, and headed towards the Great Hall; dinner would be soon. Students were starting to gather in already, so dad put his hand on my shoulder comfortingly, and made a small smile. I smiled back, and he went in to take his seat. I went in, and took my seat at the Slytherin table beside Draco, who made Crabbe an Goyle move for me.

---------------

Please please please please Vote and comment :D