Prologue

3 months earlier...

I wake up swamped in my light blue covers, and I rub my eyes as the bright sunlight hits them. I look over at my clock which marked 8:00 am. Oh shit, I am going to be late for the meeting! I stand up from the bed and walk towards the bathroom. I adjust the water to my liking before I strip out of my pajamas and enter the bathtub. The warm water cascades over my body and brown hair. I hastily wash my hair and scrub my body before I rinse out one last time. I wrap a towel around my body as well as my hair. As I exit the bathroom steam flows out. I walk to my drawers and take out a black pencil skirt, my black pink stripped off the shoulder ruffled top, and my black voltage peep-toe platform pumps.

I apply some make up before I brush my hair and tie it into a neat bun that rested on top of my head. I grab my apartment keys and bag before I head straight to my 2013 BMW 328i. I open the door and place my bag on the passenger seat before buckling up and driving to Jacob Corporations.

***

It didn't take long before I arrived at the tall glass building. I parked my car and clipped my ID card onto my shirt before entering the lobby. I am greeted by the warm smile of the front desk receptionist, Amber.

"Good morning Jane." She states.

"Good morning Amber." I respond. "Has the meeting started yet?"

"Yeah." She responds. "Mr. Jacob and his father are in the meeting room."

"Oh okay thank you," I state as I walk into the elevator. "I will see you later."

I press the number to the fifth floor and wait until there is a ding and the elevator doors slide open. I quickly search for the meeting room before entering without knocking which was a huge mistake on my part. The whole room went silent and a mix of familiar and unfamiliar faces turned around to face me. I could feel my cheeks turn red as I stood there under their sharp gazes. I don't normally like attention so having about fifteen people staring at me was really making me nervous.

"I am so sorry." I state as I take my seat next to Damian the son of the owner of this company, Mr. Jacob. "You may continue on with the meeting."

Mr. Jacob took that as his cue to continue on with the meeting.

Damian leaned over and whispered in my ear, "We need to talk after this meeting." His hand rubbed my thigh before he turned around to face his father.

Yeah, I may have something going on with Damian. Him an I are dating but his father doesn't know about it—now that I think about it no one knows about us.

***

After the meeting I close my notebook that has all the notes and topics that were talked about today during the meeting. I would have to type these up and send them to Mr. Jacob later on today. As I am heading towards Damian's office I find him kissing one of his mother's models. Damian's mom is the CEO of Next Management, a modeling agency. The blonde bitch stuck her tongue down Damian's throat and he did nothing to stop her. I cleared my throat and Damian instantly pulled away from the kiss as he wiped away the red lipstick stains and I tried to contain the tears that were threatening to escape.

"Jane um come into my office we will talk there." He stated before he whispers, "I will see you later" into the girls ear.

With an eye roll I walk into the office. Damian shortly walks in and closes the door.

"Jane I am really sorry about that, but it's just you really aren't what I want anymore." He states.

"I am not what you want anymore?" I ask in disbelief. "What happened to the 'I love you, Jane and I want to marry you soon'?"

"Those were just words Jane. They never meant anything. My parents want me to marry someone up to their standards."

"Oh so I am not up to their standards now huh."

"Jane my parents found out about us dating and they are threatening to take away my fortune. I can't let that happen so I am sorry Jane but we are over. Also, my dad wanted to let you know that you are fired." Damian states as he walks to his desk. "He wants you out of the building by twelve."

I stare at the man in front of me who looked nonchalant about everything he just said. Did I really mean nothing to him at all? I turn on my heel and walk out of the door as I let the tears roll down my cheeks. I walk to my desk and put everything into a box and more tears run down my face. As I was making my way to my car Amber asked what happened but I ignored her and continued walking. I climb into my car and drive back to my apartment. As I approach my apartment door I find it open. I quickly go inside only to find Jack the landlord and some man taking my stuff out.

"Jack what are you doing?!" I exclaim as I run over to one of the big muscled men and grab the vase he was about to take out and put it back in its place.

"I am sorry Jane but you are running back on your rent. I already gave you two months to pay m-"

"Jack I told you I would pay you soon."

"You said that two months ago Jane, too."

I sigh in frustration as I rub my temples. "I know."

The apartment where I lived in was very expensive and well I haven't had enough money to pay it off. Damian's father had cut-off half of the staffs salary because the company wasn't doing so great.

"Jane I am so sorry but I can't let you stay here any lo-"

"Give me until the end of this week, at least until I find somewhere to stay." I plead.

Jack sighs in defeat before nodding, "Fine."

He orders the man to put everything back and I give him a grateful hug.
Right now I need a nice long warm bath and a goodnight rest. Things will brighten up, I told myself.

Hopefully they do.

But they didn't.

•~•~•
Hola my lovelies!!! So I have been one for quite a while and I wanted to apologize for that. I had to move in September and it was hectic, then I had a bunch of projects from school. So I just got some time to update. I decided to edit the book and change a few things. I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please vote, comment, and share. Thank you for reading. Adios xoxo.

P. S.- Jane's picture to the side.

- Jane's picture to the side

(Jane's Outfit)