Engagement Announcement Part I

"Her laugh, it was like music to my ears. Her smile, it was what made my day brighten up. And that day, it was my nightmare that would haunt me for the rest of my life." - Jane

I toss around in the bed as the memories I called nightmares ran in my head preventing me from waking up.

Flashback

"Hurry up Andrew, we don't want to be late to your nephew's christening." My mom stated as we walked out of the house.

My dad came down the stairs with my cousin's present in hand.

"Hwurry up daddy." I reply as I cross my arms over my chest and tap my foot on the ground.

"She is just like you." My dad tells my mom as he picks me up and we head towards the car.

"I cwant wait to see my baby cousin." I state as my dad puts me in the car chair.

"I know sweetie, me neither." My dad responds.

After making sure we had everything we needed, we were on the road and making our way to the church.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round all day long." My parents and I sang.

"You are excited about finally meeting your new baby cousin?" Dad asked.

"Yes!" I reply excitedly. "Mommy, daddy I wish I had a baby sister or brother like cousin Nikki?" I state.

"I don't know honey but if you keep wishing your wish will come true." Mom replied with a smile.

"Your mother is very right about that." Daddy stated as he turned his head so he was facing me.

"I know daddy." I reply with a smile.

"Andrew watch out!" My mom exclaimed.

I saw a big truck heading towards the car before my dad could move out of its way the truck hit us. Everything around me happened so fast. All I could hear was my mom screaming my name before it was lights out for me.

Flashback Over

A knock on the door wake me up from the awful dream, although it wasn't a dream. I wipe away the sweat from my hair and stand up from my bed. I open the door to reveal one of the maids standing there.

"Hey, how may I help you?" I asked.

The maid smiles up at me and answers, "Mr. McKeller is asking for you."

"Tell him I will be down in a few minutes." I reply and the maid nods before heading back downstairs.

I let out a deep sigh as I look up at the ceiling as I state, "It's been eighteen years and I still remember it like it was yesterday."

I walk over to the bathroom and turn on the shower. A tears slips down my cheek followed by another.

"Why did it have to hurt so much?" I ask as I try to contain the tears.

The water cascades over my body as I stand there crying, each tear shedded containing a memory of them. Once I have no more tears I turn of the tap and wrap a white cotton towel around me. My eyes were red but with some make up it would disappear. I quickly change into a black leather pencil skirt, burgundy spaghetti trap chiffon cami top, black blazer, and black lace peep toe platforms. I quickly blow dry my hair and let it fall into curly waves. After adding some make-up I had out the door. I grab my back and walk downstairs. Adrian was already waiting for me at the door.