Chapter 3

Lily's POV 

************

"I wanna see the penguins first!" I cried as we entered the zoo. "They're so cute!" 

"No way!" Jannice stuck her tongue out and held her nose. "They smell like fish!" 

"Yeah, duh" I laughed. "That's what they eat." 

"I'm glad I don't smell like what I eat" she muttered. 

"What DO you eat?" Zayn asked. 

"Spinach" she smiled. 

"Eeew!" I gagged. "Yuck! Just the thoughts makes me want to throw up!" 

"want some?" she held out a baggy of spinach leaves. 

"Ew no!" I cried slapping my hand over my mouth. 

She shrugged and stuck one in her mouth. 

"Why don't we see the Jaguars first?" Mike suggested. "I know they're Jan's favorite" 

"Sure" she smiled sticking the baggy in her back pocket by her iPhone. 

"But I wanna see the penguins!" I cried. "And I asked first!" 

"She did ask first" Harry added. 

"Why don't we split up?" Liam asked. "Me, Lou, Haz, and Lily can go to the penguin house, and you all go see the Jaguars." 

"Good idea!" Niall smiled. 

"We can meet by the giraffes" Lou pointed to the habitat. 

"K, K" I grinned picturing the black birds. 

"Here" Harry bent down. "Hop up on my shoulders!" 

"Yayayaya!" I beamed and jumped up on his shoulders. 

He straightened up and grabbed my thighs before we walked off towards the rocky cave place.

Jannice's POV 

*****************

I grabbed Mike's hand and squeezed It tightly as me, Niall, Zayn, and him walked down the board walk to the wild cats section. 

"There they are!" I grinned pointing to the beautiful gold creatures. "That's gotta be my favorite animal ever!" 

"Snap a picture!" Zayn laughed putting an arm around Niall. 

"Ahaha!! Ok!" 

I grabbed my camera from around my neck, turned off the flash, and took a picture. 

"There" I grinned. 

"Thanks" Niall laughed. 

"No problemo!" 

"Look at the tigers!" Zayn pointed to another cage. 

"Yeah" I walked over to It and took my key chain off my belt. "Let me show you something." 

I unlocked the zookeeper door and they followed me in. 

I walked over to a table where food would be prepared for at feeding time. A slit of paper lay on the counter. 

"Check It out" I handed It to Niall. 

He scanned It with his blue eyes while I waited patiently for a responce. 

"Read It aloud" Zayn started loosing patience. 

"'Zoo's only white tiger 'Zoe' dies. Bury Saturday.'" 

My eyes got watery and I walked over to the window where I stared at the two orange tigers. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, Jan" Mike aplogized. 

"its alright" I sighed looking at my watch. "I guess we should go meet up with the others"

Lily's POV 

************

As soon as we stepped in the penguin house, I knew exactly something I forgot: my jacket. I did that every time we went to the zoo. I clutched Harry's curls. 

"You cold?" he chuckled looking up at me. 

"Yes" I nodded rapping my arms around his neck. 

He set me down and took off his own jacket and wrapped It around me. It felt warm from his body heat. He grabbed my hand as we followed Liam and Lou around the cold cave. 

"Look at the emporer penguins!" I grinned and pointed to the 4ft tall birds. "They look so cuddly!" 

"More cuddly than me?" Harry joked. 

"Yeah" I teased shivering. 

"Hey!" he laughed and nudged me. 

I nudged him back. "Harry It was a joke!" 

"I know" he laughed. 

I shook my head and smiled.

After we It out the other end of the cave, we decided we should go ahead and meet up with Niall, Mike, Jan, and Zayn. 

"That was great!" Liam said as we walked down the boardwalk. 

"Yeah!" I agreed handing Harry's jacket back. 

"Lily" Lou laughed. "Did you forget your jacket...again?" 

"Yes!" I scowled, then cracked up. 

"What's so funny?" Zayn asked as we walked up.  

"Lily forgot her jacket again" Liam smiled. 

"Let's go in here" Jan unlocked the zookeeper door for the girraffes.

Jannice's POV 

*****************

Yea! Keys to da zoo. I felt so lucky to have my other sister that worked here. We walked into the room and I handed them each some girraffe feed. 

"I'll show you how to feed them" I opened the door to the cage and walked in. "Be careful not to get trampled or to step in...stuff" 

I held up my hand to one of the girraffes. It bent his head down and curled its blue tongue around my hand. I giggled when It took some from Lily and she screamed. 

"Ew!" she cried rubbing her hands up and down her pants. "That's nasty!" 

We cracked up.