Chapter 21

Jannice's POV

**************

"Mike?" I swiped at my lip, which was covered in blood. "Are you Ok?"

No snswer—just unappealing moans. I moved, but my back hurt slightly and I was sorta jammed under metal.

"Mike, how do I get out?"

Moans.

I workef my hand into my pocket and managed to accidentally hit 1, which was my speed dial to Lou's phone.

"Jan?" he sounded puzzled.

Prob 'cause I never call on dates.

"Daddy help!" I was near tears. "We had a car accident on the highway!"

"Where on the highway?" he sounded desparate.

"Around two minutes from the third slip road!" the pain in my back increased.

"We'll be right there!" he assured me.

I sighed and hung up. We were saved—hopefully—and from my position I couldn't even see Mike. Dang it. I didn't feel hurt bad. Just sore. It appeared most of the automobile was smashed on the right side of the car—where Mike was driving. I mumbled a prayer asking God to let Mike be Ok, then tried as hard as possible to catch a glimpse. Was he Ok? Bleeding? Bruised? ...Dead? No! He was moaning, he couldn't be dead!

After about 10 long infinity minutes, I heard Lou's voice shouting from outside the car.

"Jan are you in there?"

"YES!!" I cried.

"Are you hurt?"

"I don't think so..."

Everything grew silent.

"Is Mike Ok?" Lou finally spoke again.

I could tell someone was trying to unjam the car.

"i—i—i hope so!" tears sprung to my eyes.

"We've about got your side free" he said. "Hang tight!"

A few seconds later, the door was pulled off completely. Lou lifted me up and hugged me tightly.

"You're all bruised" he said with concern.

"A few bruises won't kill me" I strugged starring at the police who were ripping Mike's door off. "I just hope Mike's Ok. All he was doing was moaning..."

Lou's eyes filled with sadness. That made tears overflow from my lids and I started crying in my cousin's neck while clinging to him.

"We got the door off" one of the officers said.

I looked up. "Is he Ok?"

He bent down and pulled him out of the car. He pulled out a pale faced motionless Mike.

I jumped down from Louis' arms and knelt down beside my boyfriend. I gently set my fingrs on his pulse. Nothing.

"NO!" I cried putting my face in my hands. "No no no!"

Lou bent down beside me and put an arm around my shoulders.

"He was only 19!" I sobbed. "He still had living to do!"

"Jan...I'm sorry" Louis apologized.

"our relationship was only a day" I started settling down. "Just a/day. Now who's my agent gonna be? Who's my travel tudor?"

"Jannice" he answered. "Let's go on home. I'll make you some tea and we can discus a funeral"