Chapter -27- "the last goodbye"

................
...............

Meghan's pov :

Meghan was Going through her closet and she was looking For A dress , She found it and she picked it up .

It was a red Thick silk dress with Blue lines around it Between every spot and another , Meghan was remembering how she wore it in her first date With Charlie .

She took off her clothes , And she wore the dress then she looked at herself in the mirror , She looked sad and she was Sad .

Meghan grabbed her bag and she walked down the stairs , She left The beach house , Meghan saw Charlie's car parked in the garage , She thought Of how she doesn't know How to drive and that she needs to learn someday.

Meghan walked across the beach and She went to the highway , She stopped a taxi and got inside the car , She told The taxi driver about her destination and The He Started driving .

Meghan was looking through the window of the car , Looking at The beach house while The car was getting away from it every second , She and Charlie always dreamed of living in a house near the beach , she was thinking About that , Meghan started remembering the first time she met Charlie .

Flashback

Meghan was In a park in Nashville , She was sitting on a bench reading a book , " To Kill a Mockingbird" it was her favorite book .

A boy holding a rope that ends in a collar around his dog was passing by , Meghan took a sneak peak at the boy , she was thinking That he was hot , The boy stopped , He looked at Meghan and when he did Meghan returned to reading the book immediately , The boy was still looking at her and He smiled ,The dog Suddenly saw a cat in front of Him so he ran very fast to chase it and while the boy was still holding the rope He was drifted and he fell on the ground straight on his face .

Meghan put the book on the bench and she got up immediately to help him stand up .

Meghan : Oh my God are you OK?

Meghan helped him get up

The boy : yeah thanks , Oh dogs you never know what will they do

Meghan *giggled*

Meghan : Hey let me clean you up

Meghan helped Charlie reach the bench , She brought some tissues out of her handbag and a bottle of water , She spilled some water in her hands and washed Charlie's face with it ,Then she Dried it with tissues .

Meghan put her hand on Charlie's face , She was feeling something for him , from The first time that she saw Him , Charlie was smiling while looking to her eyes .

The boy : Thank you , I didn't get your name

Meghan : Meghan

The boy : that's a lovely name

Meghan : what about you?

The boy : Charlie

Meghan : Charlie , I like it

Flashback end

The taxi driver Parked the car Near the cemetery's Door , That's where Meghan wanted to go , She gave him 5 dollars and she got out of the car , She entered the cemetery and walked Between the Graves .

It has been 5 days since Charlie has died , The tumor has grown in his body Even though he Has taken a lot of chemical medicines and went through chemo-therapy , Meghan Was with him all this time , For 20 days since she found out about His Brain Tumor , She encouraged Him through every step , She Helped him feel better about himself and she helped him feel optimistic , But ..... He died , And there was nothing That she could About it , And the worst thing is That He died while she was away , He died alone in Their Beach House while she went out To Bring his medicine From the Hospital , She was the first to witness his dead Body , She Lost It all that day and she was weeping by his dead body , She was screaming "Charlie Charlie please don't leave , Charlie ! Don't leave me" , she finally Called the police and the hospital and they carried His body away , Meghan could Never get over It , She had a total breakdown and she was sent to the hospital , She couldn't attend His funeral , She didn't want to ...

Her family Came to L. A , They stayed with her To make her feel better but they couldn't , Her best friends Kelsey , Ashlee and Emmy visited her many times , But Meghan would just sit there and say nothing , She Returned to The beach house , But every second she spend in that house was a reminder Of Charlie and When she enters or leaves the house The spot where Charlie was dying is right In front of her , Yesterday she packed some of her stuff and she was going to leave to Nantucket with her family and Friends but she asked them to take her stuff and leave and that she will follow them the next day , They couldn't say anything to change her mind .

And minutes before She left the house to come to the cemetery She had lit fire in Her room , The house is probably all burned down by now , She had to do this , That was the only way for her to move on .

Meghan reached Charlie's grave and She was standing In front of the Grave , She read what was written in the grave :

Charlie puth
1991 - 2016

/it will be more Emotional if you could play "like I'm gonna lose you" by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend from your music library while you complete reading/

Meghan : You Promised me to always stay By my side , you said that you will never leave me , Remember what you told me ... You said that we'd marry each other , then we will buy a big beautiful house by the beach and play with our children there while we watch the sunset , You told me we will bring this moment to life , Do you remember ?

Meghan started crying .

Meghan : I Had hope that we Do that when I found out that I was pregnant , I was happy until I fell of the stairs and lost the baby , I lost all hope .

Meghan fell to her knees

Meghan : How ironic ? I couldn't attend your funeral and I had a breakdown so they took me to the hospital , The worst part is when I was Lying on the bed crying about you when The doctor told me that while they made some tests on me to check my condition , They found out that I'm pregnant once again , With a boy , I didn't know what to feel? Should I be happy for the baby or should I be sad because I wouldn't get to raise him with you , You wouldn't get to watch him grow old and become a man .

Meghan : But I will take care of him , I will tell Him stories about our love story , I will let him know about you and how honorable and great his father was .

Meghan : I burned down our house , I can't live there anymore , Oh Charlie I regret every stupid fight that we went through , Every break up . I should've loved you more , Because we did never know when will we run out of time .

Meghan : I will try to move on but I don't think I will ever do , I Didn't Have the chance to say goodbye , But I will Say it now .

Meghan opened her handbag and she brought out a letter , Charlie's lawyer Had given her the letter , He said that Charlie has told him to do that when he passes away , Meghan opened the letter and started reading it .

"My One and only ..
Meghan .... When you read this letter I will be probably dead , this is my goodbye letter I suppose , listen to me , The days that we spent together , the days That we spent in college and with all the crazy drama that happened Lol , those where the days when I Truly lived , Because I was by your side , and The day when we got married , Oh that was The best day in my life , I will never forget our moments , You are my savior , I thank God everyday for letting me go to the park that day , When I first met you , I was so lazy that day To leave the house I couldn't get my lazy ass of the bed (Meghan giggled a little while crying) but something forced me to take the Dog for a walk , I bet it's destiny that let me meet you , even though I fell to the ground on my Face gosh that did hurt , I want you move on , you can't grieve for me your entire life and I know that you will because I know you , you have the softest heart I have ever gotten the honor to love me , Keep living your life and gosh your voice can slay all the other singers in the world , don't lose hope just because of those bastards , keep working to achieve your Dream , You Can and you will!
Meghan Elizabeth Trainor , my wife , my everything ... I love you ...
From Charlie "

Meghan : I love you too