5. A past

Areum's P.O.V

I received an anonymus text.

Meet me at the basketball court outside right after school. We need to talk. Come alone. Don't bring Minhyuk.

My first guess was maybe it could have been Mi Young, but if it really was the message should have said it was from her, since she is my contacts.

I made my way you out the school building, when the bell rang to mark dismissal. I was determined to confront whoever it was that sent me that message.

"Areum," Minhyuk said, stopping me. "Do you want to go dance with me?"

"I have to go somewhere," I said. "I have to go meet someone."

"Let's go together," he suggested. I sighed.

"Maybe some other time," I quickly said and escaped the conversation. "I'll message you later..."

I awkwardly made my way towards the basketball court.

"Call me," he called out. I didn't look back, I only walked faster.

When I arrived at the basketball court, there was no one. I looked around and waited what felt like five minutes, and decided to make my way back.

"Areum," a voice said. It was a boy's voice. I tsoounded so familiar. I turned to meet his face, and saw Eunwoo. He made his way towards me, but didn't stand close and kept his distance.

"Eunwoo" I replied. "Is there anything to talk about."

"Areum,"he said again. "Who are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you here?" he asked. He took a few steps closer. "Why... do I know you?"

"You don't know me," I said. "I've never met you until I moved here-"

"But I've seen you before. Many times. Do you not remember?"

"Maybe it was someone else -," I said. "It must be a mistake."

"How could I have forgotten the face of someone I loved," he asked. He was then really close to me. I avoided all eye contact. "Tell me your real name is Haeun."

"Haeun?" I asked. "I thought you didnt like me at all Eunwoo."

"I didn't  mean to be mean to you, I just-" he said. "I was just confused. I'm sorry i was just... frustrated. I'm still trying to figure you out."

"There's nothing to figure out-" I started.

"Haeun," he said again, and this time, his body was against mine. I avoided all contact.

"Its Areum-"

"Why did you leave me Haeun?" he said, wrapping his arms around me. He started to sob.

"You left me broken. Its been dreadful. I hated life when you left. Life meant nothing..."

I knew that maybe he didn't direct anything to me but I did know how it felt like to lose someone. It hurts. It hurts to where you feel like life is useless.

"I'm here," I said to him, wrapping my arms around him, and lightly patting his back. Hearing him sob, made me cry.

"Don't leave me anymore," I heard him say.

"I won't," I said.

***

The next day, Eunwoo said hi to me. I greeted him back.

A few moments later Minhyuk sat in front of me.

"Are you okay?" he asked. Then I remembered that I told him everything.

I nodded in reply.

"Sit by me in the lunch room today," he told me.

"Mi Young invited me to sit with her today," I said.

"Well, you can't. Just today Areum, please?" he said, giving me puppy eyes.

"Fine," I said.

"Good. So.... you know you can tell me anything right? We're friends."

"Yes. I understand. Thank you."

"Areum, do me a favor."

"What is it?"

"Please be careful. Please."

*

"Areum, come sit here!" Mi Young called out, after I left the lunchline.

"She's sitting with me!" Minhyuk called at her.

Mi Young gave me a sad look and stayed quiet. I made my way to Minhyuk's table. There was an open seat next to MJ.

"Hello Areum," he greeted me happily.

"Hello MJ," I greeted him back.

"You're so pretty! Eat well, Areum," he said and went back to eating.

I felt myself blush. I don't think a boy has ever called me pretty.

Eunwoo took a seat in front of me. He didn't say anything, but I felt him stare at me, and whenever I looked back at him, be would look away.

*

After lunch, I was headed to the girl's restroom, until Mina stopped me.

"You think you're so cool?" she said through gritted teeth. "Just wait."

"Mina," I said, as she started to dig her nails in my arm. "You're hurting me."

"Just leave! I can't stand you anymore! I hate you, Areum," she growled.

"Mina," I said. "What did I do to you?"

"Everything. You took Minhyuk away from me. Now you're going to suffer. And I will make everyday miserable until you leave-"

"Don't you have other things to do?" said a voice. It was Eunwoo. Mina quickly let go of me.

"Oh, I was just having a nice talk with my friend Areum," Mina said, innocently with a smile.

"Good, now it's my turn to talk to her," Eunwoo said. "Go."

Mina left and made her way to the classroom.

"Did she do anything to you?" Eunwoo examined me.

"No. I'm okay," I said.

"Don't ever go alone again. She can actually do something to you next time."

"Why are you worried?"

"Worried? Why would I do such a thing?"

"I don't know. Because you're my friend."

"Okay. Come with me somewhere after school."

"Where to?"

"Somewhere that you might remember..."

______

Okay so I got this update up, finally. Sorry guys! I recently lost my phone and I had a few updates ready to publish, but my work got lost!

Vote and comment for more!

Much Love.

K <3