15. Acceptance

Areum's P.O.V

After school, Mi Young and I headed to the nearest coffee shop. Sanha and MJ have claimed that they called dibs to hang out with me today, and Moonbin tagged along to be with Mi Young (only I knew that).

We were sitting at a table together, waiting for our order.

"So... are you going to the formal Areum?" Sanha asked me.

"No," I said shaking my head.

"Dang it," Sanha and MJ said at the same time.

"Aren't you going to ask somwone? Perhaps a girl who reads?" I teased them from the other day.

"I thought about asking Ji Hyun," Sanha said.

"No, not Ji Hyun," Mi Young warning him. "She's pretty, but she's horrible. So you might want to look at someone else."

"Can I look at you?" Sanha asked Mi Young.

"No, you can't," Moonbin blurted, and stayed quiet.

"Well, what about that new girl?" MJ asked.

"Seo Jun?" Mi Young said, remembering the girl's name.

"She seems cute," Sanha said.

"Ya, I said that first," MJ whined.

"I don't care," Sanha said.

"Anyways let's talk about what happened today," MJ said and everyone looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Areum, I don't want to make you feel bad, but you kind of hurt Minhyuk's feelings," Sanha said, upsetly.

"Did I really?" I asked. I stood up."W-where is he?"

"Don't worry about it, he'll get over it," Moonbin said.

"No! I have to see him," I said.

"Areum," Mi Young said, but I was already heading towards the door. Mi Young grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Let me go with you at least," Mi Young said.

"I'm sorry," I said to her, and left the coffee shop.

***

I dialed Minhyuk and he didn't answer. I called Sanha and he told me that Minhyuk was at the graffiti park.

That was my next stop.

When I arrived I heard the loud music, and guided myself to the source.

I found Minhyuk on the floor, against the wall with his head down.

I walked over to the speaker and turned it off, catching his attention.

"Areum," he said standing up. "Why are you here?"

I walked up to him.

"Why didn't you answer, Minhyuk?" I asked.

"How did you find me?" he asked. This was the first time that he wasn't excited about my company.

"Sanha," I said.

"That kid, really," he muttered to himself.

"I want to talk to you," I said.

"About?"

"Well obviously about today. Okay, I am sorry I hurt your feelings. I don't really like Eunwoo if that's what your so worried about. I only said that so you would stop hitting him. SO PLEASE DON'T BE UPSET WITH ME OR HIM!"

"Areum-"

"I am sorry. I didn't know that I actually hurt people. No one has ever cared this much about me before-"