It's all good now

"You sure you want to help a skank?" I can't hide my irritation
"I'm sorry I didn't know Harry had a girlfriend"
"I'm not so sure he does" I confess
"Oh god did I ruin it?"
"No I mean well.. Never mind"
"Look I hate to just show up and stuff but can you talk to Harry we really need him right now"
"I'm sorry who are you?" I ask making my way to the car
"You don't know who I am?" She questions stopping in her tracks
I had assumed she was one of Harry's old friends or hook up buddies but I shake my head at her
"I'm Gemma, Harry's sister"
My jaw drops. Sister?

I invited Gemma over telling my mom she was a school friend and went upstairs. I felt a little bad for trying to get information out of her but I had a feeling she was the only Styles who would.

"After we left Harry my mother only got worse and I think this may be the end for her. We need him now. We can't be strong anymore"
Gemma and I were both crying. Harry's mom had been battling lung cancer for years and it was finally getting the best of her.
"What about his father?"
"We don't talk about him"
I knew that all too well. I didn't speak on my father either. I just nodded and grabbed her hand.
"What can I do?"
"Well you can convince Harry to come with me back to Seattle and then we can take care of her together. I can't keep doing this alone, our brother Nathan is doing his best but he's in college we can't dump this on him"
Seattle. States away from me. I knew it was selfish to even think about me but I had just got Harry I didn't want to lose him. I realized how little I knew about Harry.
"I'll try" I swallowed the lump in my throat and wiped my eyes.
"Thank you so much Kristina, mom would love you"

The next day at school Harry was gone again. This time I did go to his place. I knocked and knocked but no reply. When I called it went straight to voicemail and I couldn't help but cry. Everything just fell apart so fast.
The next day I decided to focus on school. I tried not to feel bad whenever Liam and I made eye contact. At lunch I decided to sit alone again. I wanted to talk to the gang but I just didn't know what to say.
"Sitting alone? That's depressing"
I turned to see Harry. I didn't know whether to smile or smack him
"Where the hell have you been"
He frowned sitting down next to me "Not the welcome I had in mind"
"Harry" I warned
"I had to handle some things" He shrugged picking food off my plate. I decided to squash it and smile at him
"I missed you" The words sounded weird coming from my mouth but I wanted him to know. His face lit up then blushed
"Really?"
I leaned forward and kissed him
"Really."
"I could get used to this whole girlfriend thing" He leaned in again but I stopped him
"Girlfriend? Nope it's not easy you have to ask first"
He furrowed his eyebrows then smirked at me
"Oh really"
I nodded continuing to lean away from him.
"Kristina. Will you be my girlfriend"
I blush because it's so high school. After everything it was good to be young.
"I mean I guess I could" I joked playing off. He chuckles before pulling my face to his. I smile as we kiss. I could definitely get used to this.