Chapter Three

"So? Is that a problem? What? Are you not going to take the job now just because of how she looks? Do you believe in those stupid rumours that if you let someone who has been touched by The Black on your ship your crew will die?" She accused and Amber and Carla immediately stepped up looking royally pissed.

"How dare you!" Carla spat and the men behind Lucas held up their guns at them.

"Captain would never discriminate against such a stupid things as being touched by The Black!" Amber hissed a hand on her own gun but Scarlet's hand on top of her's stopped her from pulling it out of its holder. "Don't you dare accuse our captain of such low thinking!"

Lilly looked shocked at the suddenly dangerous women. She was completely taken aback by how they defended their captain with such ferocity. She thought they were passive people by their joke from before and how pretty they both were, but the sudden intensity in both of them to defend their captain took her off guard.

"Carla, Amber, enough, step back." Scarlet ordered and immediately the women stepped back behind her but still looked pissed. "I apologise for my members sudden out bursts." Scarlet apologised to both Lilly and Lucas.

Lucas was as surprised as Lilly at the sudden defensive attack by the two women he thought were just there as a safe guard. He knew now not to underestimate them and by how easily Scarlet ordered them back in line and their obedience, placed a whole new look on their mysterious captain. "Ah, no it is fine, lower your guns." Lucas said and ordered his men who obeyed quickly.

"I also apologise if my comment went across as rude." Scarlet stepped slowly forwards towards Lilly as little Cherry stepped out from behind her. "I have nothing against those that have been touched by The Black, actually I quite admire them. To be able to survive such darkness and madness and come away with a sound mind and only a minor deformity, I truly believe they are great people." Scarlet squatted down in front of Cherry and raised a hand to her glasses to take them off. All the people in the room, besides those belonging to Scarlet, gasped in surprise as she revealed her eyes. "I know what it feels like to be in The Black, I also know what it feels like to be discriminated against because of my eyes."

Cherry stepped towards Scarlet and she stayed still as the little girl raised her hands to touch her cheeks. There was a spark at contact and Scarlet had to slam all mental walls she's ever known how to build since The Black, to keep the small child's mind out of her own nightmare ridden and madness covered mind. Cherry flinched away from the force of Scarlet pushing her out of her mind. Cherry pulled her hand away from the woman's face marvelling at how this woman was still alive after just the small peak she had in the darkness of this woman's mind.

"You have weird eyes." Cherry giggled at first.

"Hmm, maybe my eyes are normal and you are the one with the weird eyes." Scarlet countered making the girl screw up her face.

"No I don't!" She demanded.

"Mmm, no, you're right, you have beautiful eyes." Scarlet agreed as small sparks broke the dark expanse of her eyes. Cherry smiled brightly and giggled happily before she frowned and remembered this other woman's darkness.

"How can you live with that?" Cherry asked making everyone in the room confused. "I can barely handle my small amount of darkness I received from The Black when I was born."

"I have my ways." Scarlet answered. "Do not worry about what is in my mind, I have lived with it for twenty-six years, I will not be breaking now."

"Okay, I trust you." Cherry nodded. "Can you please be the one to take us to Earth?" She asked innocently with pleading eyes.

"I do not believe I have any other choice if you look at me like that, little one." Scarlet sighed and stood up as Cherry cheered happily. "Fine." She said to Lucas who was still shocked by how solidly black this captains eyes were. "We will take these two to Earth, but if my ship or crew gets harmed or damaged in any way, your employer will pay for the damage along with still paying us the 1.4 billion credits."