Chapter Twenty-Four

The next morning Scarlet got a call from Lucas and Eugene saying they needed to talk to her, so she headed off towards the townhall where she met up with the men and Lucille who was scowling at the ground along with Camilla who stood beside Lucas out the front of the building.

"Captain," Eugene greeted her a serious look on his tough face when she approached where everyone was waiting for her.

Lucas looked to her with a severe look of annoyance. "Something wrong Lucas?" Scarlet asked him.

"The representative has disappeared," he grunted in reply.

Scarlet raised an eyebrow in question. "That makes things difficult. He knows he's been caught in his mistreatment of the people here, so is now on the run. Do you know if he took all of his soldiers?"

Eugene frowned in thought, "He has a ship that I know he visits regularly up in orbit that gets a lot of traffic. There are also a few soldiers around that construction site of his that he leaves behind constantly. I'm not sure if they're still there though."

Scarlet nodded her head as she looked up. Screens in her vision appeared showing the outer cameras of the Vyner Brooke. A small part of the ship opened and a tiny probe was launched out. Controlling the probe Scarlet sent it around the planet till she found the hidden ship. It was alone and inactive, so they weren't able to find it on their radar as they approached.

The screen on Scarlet's arm blinked on showing what was in her vision. "You're right, there is another ship. It's inactive though, there's no signs of life."

Lucas went to her side to look. He frowned as the probe moved in and looked in a window. There was definitely no movement. "What are they holding in there?"

Scarlet moved the probe to the side of the ship. Using a small laser the probe opened up a hole through the hull and entered the ship while placing a field around the hole to stop the vacuum of space from getting in.

"How are you controlling that thing?" Eugene asked.

Scarlet just looked up and smirked a little before looking back at the screen on her forearm much to everyone's confusion.

The probe came to a hallway and followed it along the path Scarlet had mapped out from a blueprint of the style of this particular ship in her vision so she already knew where to go. The probe then split into two.

"Who created that thing?" Lucas asked as the screen on her bracelet split in two as well.

"Jessie and Amber are incredible engineers," Scarlet murmured as her concentration was now split into two. One probe went further south through the ship into the cargo hold while the other went towards the security office near the bridge.

The first probe arrived first into the cargo hold where it was packed full of shipping containers. The containers weren't labelled but that didn't stop the probes screen from changing into an x-ray view that had Lucas whispering to Lucille asking how much it would cost to commission a few of these probes. Lucille answered with a snort while bidding him good luck in convincing them to make them for him even if the money offered was an exorbitant amount.

The x-ray screen showed that the container held pallets full to the brim of weapons. Explosives, guns, batteries for laser cannons and pistols. Other containers contained crystals from Stragua big enough to power more than a thousand battle ships, tens of cruisers and even a few warships. It was obvious that this was a stock pile ready to be used in war.

"Shit," Lucas cursed.

"What is it?" Eugene asked having never seen any of these things before.

"It's a war cache," Lucille answered darkly.