Chapter Sixteen

Seven days passed with Scarlet still asleep. Trying to get up before she was healed really drained her both physically and mentally. Lilly, Cherry and Lucille were the most constant visitors in the infirmary to watch over Scarlet. Lilly was thankful that she hasn't had anymore nightmares but was still worried that she barely even moved within her tank.

Lucille was discharged two days ago and took charge of the ship while Scarlet was still out. Ryaki, Jessie and Amber worked on a prosthetic for Scarlet, though it was taking longer than expected.

An alarm beeped on Lucille's bracelet taking her attention away from a mechanic report Jessie had sent her while she was sitting beside Scarlet's tank. Surprise had her pausing before she shot up quickly messaging Ryaki to armed and head to the hangers where an unknown person had tripped a silent alarm.

Heading down Lucille met Ryaki who had been looked serious while she held up a stun rifle.

"The intruder is trying to get out of the fuel pod. Good thing we lock the things after emptying them." Lucille grumbled while she set up her own rifle.

"I'm wondering how we missed them when we were unloading it." Ryaki grumped in annoyance. She was relaxing with Lyanna before Lucille interrupted them.

"We're all distracted with captain still out of action, so I am expecting a few mistakes." Lucille sighed.

"But to miss a person? It's been a whole week since we emptied it. Why only now are we just finding out?"

Lucille shrugged. "I don't know but let's go. It's better than finding a dead body."

"Yeah, yeah, all right." Ryaki sighed and followed Lucille into the hanger. Heading to the fuel pod carrier Lucille pulled up the inside cameras to look into the vehicle on her bracelet only to drop her rifle with an annoyed look.

"What is it?" Ryaki asked.

"We probably should have looked inside before coming in with guns." Lucille grumbled while typing on her bracelet to open the door.

Surprised by the sudden release of the lock the intruder rolled out and fell onto his butt in front of the two.

"Zion?" Ryaki asked after getting a good look at him.

"Ah, hi Ryaki, Lucille." The boy grinned sheepishly. He looked rugged and dirty, but who wouldn't be from being stuck for a week.

"What are you doing here?" Lucille asked planting a hand onto her hip annoyance easily read on her face.

Zion swallowed nervously, scared of the woman who looked down at him clearly unimpressed. "I wanted to join you guys but you all left so suddenly. I heard that the captain was hurt and wanted to see if she was all right. So I got onto the carrier before it left and waited. I was scared that you'd send me away if I showed myself when you were unloading it so I stayed hidden. I wasn't expecting that you'd lock it."

Lucille shook her head with a sigh. They were too far away from Stragua to send him back now. "You'll have to wait till captain wakes up. She was injured badly in the fight with the Polar Reaper and has been mostly out for the past week. So until then you're being restrained to a room you won't be able to leave without mine or the captains permission. Got it?"

Zion frowned feeling that he deserved to be treated better than this but Lucille was scary so he just nodded.

"Come on big boy." Ryaki motioned with her head towards the exit. "We'll get you something to eat before I lock you away."

"Thank you." Zion quickly stood up and trotted after her like a puppy.

Lucille rolled her eyes, locked the carrier again and headed back to the infirmary where she found Lilly bent over Scarlet, the tank lid up, and softly brushing Scarlet's hair put of her face. The caress was soft and caring, Lucille was surprised by the tenderness Lilly was using with their captain. The look in her eyes were also intense and tender.