Chapter Nine

Scarlet once again met up with Lyanna and Amber at the bridge. A light was flashing on her bracelet indicating that they were now approaching Stragua.

"We will be able to anchor in about ten minutes." Lyanna started off as she sat in her seat looking at a map on her screen in front of her.

"And I've just been informed that we have two spaces available in the docks, one for standard visiting and the other is for the refuelling of the pod carrier." Amber reported. "Lucille and Jessie are down with the carriers warming them up for when you go down as well."

"Good, then everything is set." Scarlet said as screens appeared in front of her showing her that the carriers were getting prepped and how close they were to Stragua. They could see the planet now in the large windows at the front of the bridge. "Will you and Jessie be able to fix the thruster while we are away Amber?"

"We can definitely try to." Amber shrugged. "I just don't understand why it keeps breaking and neither can Jessie."

"I will have a look at it if you two can't fix it while we are away." Scarlet decided.

"Captain we're ready to anchor." Lyanna cut in as both her and Scarlet's screens started to beep.

With a few commands typed into the system Scarlet was able to get the Vyner Brooke to slow down and then stop in the middle of space. With another command the ship was now anchored and will move at the same speed as the planet does to keep the ship lined up at the exact same distance from where they were going to land on Stragua.

"I will go dress and then we'll head off." Scarlet said once everything was confirmed to be in their right positions.

Scarlet walked to her quarters and changed into thick thermal clothing that would keep her warmth in while also protecting her from the harsh temperatures on Stragua. After changing Scarlet went back to the bridge and found everyone standing up there, including Lilly and Cherry.

"You all know what you're doing, correct?" Scarlet asked but started to tell the orders again to make sure. "Lucille and Ryaki will be going down to gather some information while Carla and myself will be getting needed supplies and fuel. Lyanna, Jessie and Amber will be staying up here with Lilly and Cherry. Does everyone understand?"

"Yes Captain!" They confirmed all together.

"Then let's get going." Scarlet stated and led the way down to the hanger.

"Please be careful Scarlet." Cherry pouted up at Scarlet while they were in the hanger. "I don't want you to come back without a nose."

Scarlet's lips twitched in amusement at the little girl before squatting down before her. "I promise you I'll be coming back completely whole and we won't be gone for long anyway. Maybe half a day and that'll be all."

"Still..." Cherry murmured worriedly before making a flash of shocked light flicker over Scarlet's eyes when she was suddenly tackled to the ground by the girl. Scarlet wrapped her own arms around the girl while she sat back on her ass.

"Do not worry child, we'll be back soon." Scarlet assured the girl and with a surprising act of endearment she placed a kiss to the top of the girl's head, making those witnessing the two smile. Everyone in the crew was glad by the amount of emotion the little girl was making come out of their captain.

After standing back up and nudging Cherry over to her sister, Scarlet followed Carla into the pod carrier that was holding a massive crystal that the Vyner Brooke used as fuel. It was one of the biggest crystals in the galaxy and Scarlet had three to power her ship. Scarlet started to power up the carrier at the same time as Lucille and Ryaki did to theirs. Everyone on the floor of the hanger quickly backed up.