Stragua

Stragua is an ice planet in a thinly populated solar system with only six other planets.

A single day lasts 40.88 hours and a year lasts 434 days. The planet is made up of six continents, which makes up 71% of the planets landmass. 2 moons orbit the planet and Stragua itself orbits a yellow sun in an almost perfectly circular orbit.

Stragua is a planet covered in ice that had crazily low temperatures (-100˚C, -148˚F on a good day) because of how far away it is from its sun. Though it isn't the best planet to have colonised, when the Solar Alliance was first fighting for control Stragua was in a promisingly tactical position of both protecting the capital planets and pushing forward into other solar systems.

Near Stragua's capital city is a large forest where small furry creatures live, which are mostly herbivores or insectivores that scavenge amongst the snow looking for roots and insects that aren't completely frozen.

Because of the low temperatures those living on this planet have to completely hide and warm every inch of their skin from the frozen air. People have to also wear oxygen masks under their masks, goggles and hoods until they can get into the large, partially underground, cities where majority of the populace live. If someone doesn't cover up properly they can receive injuries much like third degree burns on their skin. Or in the worst cases, if they stay uncovered for a long period of time the part exposed has the chance to contract a severe case of frostbite where the limb can literally drop off from their body. Cases of such events have been recorded.

The planet does though have continues advantages, which is why it is still being populated.

Underground on Stragua and the other planets in the solar system, the freezing temperatures and the gravitational pull pressing down on it from above form a rock underground. This rock is mined because of its beatific looks and its use as a natural battery that can hold any amount of electricity it is exposed to. Though a small rock can only hold a small amount of power compared to a larger rock. This is how most cities, spaceships and homes are powered.