8. Tryouts

Chapter eight

The holidays were finally coming to an end after a long three months. A new school year is about to start at Hogwarts. I was about to start my 6th year, my second last year ever at Hogwarts.

'This year is going to be a good year' I thought as I packed all my belongings I will need into my school trunk. I was going to try out for the Quidditch team as a keeper, and I have had all holidays to practice. Not only that, I also get be with Tom again. I have missed him like crazy over the holidays.

"Ready Laylah? The train will be leaving soon, better hurry" My dad's voice called downstairs to me. I grabbed my trunk and my broomstick and ran down stairs where my father was waiting for me in our living room.

"I'm ready" I smiled excitedly at him.

When I got to king's cross station I saw a lot of new first years running through the barrier onto the platform, and I hurried up so I could get a seat before all of them was taken.

"See you at Hogwarts dear" my father said before leaving himself.

I waved and ran through the barrier, where the Hogwarts express was waiting, already packed full of students.

"Laylah?'' A voice came from behind me

I turned to see Tom, who was waiting beside the barrier for me.

"Tom" a big smile came across my face and I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. I never wanted to let him go. It was so hard going all holidays with out seeing him.

"Come on lets get a seat before they are all taken" Tom said letting go of me.

Tom and I hurried onto the train. We found an empty carriage, and took a seat together.

A minute later, Tom's Slytherin friends entered the compartment and joined us. They huddled into the carriage and sat opposite to me. I frowned at them; I did not like these guys one bit.

"Hey Tom" Black greeted him.

Tom nodded to greet the guys and turned his attention to outside the window.

I sat quietly hoping they wouldn't say anything to me and to my relief they didn't, but I could keep feeling their eyes wandering over me and when I looked at them, they smirked at me.

I listened into their conversation's with Tom mostly about the ways they tortured Muggles during the holidays without having to use magic, and Tom looked very pleased about this.

After a few hours on the train I thought I was going to go crazy when finally the train began to slow down.

We have reached the train station in Hogsmeade. Everyone piled of the train; the first years were separated from the rest of the crowd and taken towards the black lake, where the boats awaited them.

When everyone finally was seated in the great hall, Tom and I had separated. I went and sat at the Gryffindor table with Ash, and Tom sat with his group at the Slytherin Table.

Ash told me about her holidays and I was not paying much attention to her, I just nodded every now and then. I watched Tom from across the tables; he was in deep conversation with his friends. I wished so badly that he did not hang around those evil scumbags. My life dating Tom would be a lot easier, or maybe it would of just been easier if I let the sorting hat put me in Slytherin, like it was planning to.

I began to wonder if Tom and I would still be together after we finished school, or if we would part ways and go on with our own life's. Not many school relationships lasted out in the real world. I knew that what Tom and I had was something special. He had an evil heart, but when it was just he and I, I could see the good in him.

After all the first years were sorted into the there houses and the dinner feast was finished, everyone went up to the common rooms and went to bed, ready or classes in the morning.

First couple days of school went really good for me. I spend most of my spare time with Tom in the library reading or by the lake talking.

When I saw the Gryffindor Quidditch team tryouts pinned up on the notice board in the Gryffindor common room, I yelled out in excitement. Many people heads looked up from what they were doing to stare at me.

"What are you yelling about?" Ash asked coming over to look at the notice board

"The Quidditch team tryouts are tomorrow" I sang happily.

"You think you will make it?"

"I've been practicing all holidays, I think I got a good chance"

"What position are you trying out for?" she asked me.

"I'm going to try for Keeper first, but if someone gets the position over me, I think I will try for beater"

The next day I woke up early got dressed, grabbed my broomstick and headed down to the Quidditch pitch for the tryouts. All over the pitch were Gryffindor students talking eagerly about the position they were trying for.

Dean Edwards was the Gryffindor captain, He had short dark hair, he was tall with tanned skin and a very fit body; he is in his last year at Hogwarts and a very good Quidditch player.

"OK, everyone trying out for beaters over there" Dean pointed to one end of the pitch.

Everyone was separated into the groups, for the position they would be trying out for. The only position nobody could try out for was Seeker cause that was Dean's position. Unfortunately that left a few unhappy Gryffindor students. Seeker and Chaser were the main ones that people liked to try out for. Not me thought, keeper was always my favorite position. The keeper defended the team's goal, and a good keeper could make a huge difference if there team won or lost.

"Ok let the trials begin" He smirked happily at everyone.

***

Don't forget to vote. And it would be much apprecitated if you let me know how you are liking the story so far.