The glaive

Today we went to zane's house.

I unlocked the door and noticed a glaive in the corner as Aphmau told me and garroth to look around the room.

"J..jeffory.." I mumble to myself, a small tear falling down my face.

Don't cry Katelyn, just be positive.

But I can't.
Anger and sadness fills my head ..and my heart.

All that grieving, blaming jeffory's death on myself, but was it really my fault?

No Katelyn you can't blame what happened on others, you should take the blame!

But should I?

I try to think positive thoughts and who might want me to be happy.

Travis..

I smile slightly, but then frown.

There's no point, he's probably moved on to Lucinda by now..

Another tear falls down my pale cheek , for Travis and for jeffory.

Aphmau turns turns to me.

"J..jeffory's glaive.." I pause trying to breath, also trying to think, my head hurts from sadness and confusion, "was this the last place?" I forget that Aphmau's standing there for a moment as another tear falls down my cheek once more.

I turn to Aphmau now, "I knew the work we were doing was dangerous ..we both did.." Memories come flashing into my head, "we swore that we'd protect each other.." So many tears are now falling down my face, onto my armour..

"That we'd get out of this together..." I choke up.

"Katelyn.." Aphmau says with sympathy, "here let me get that for y.." I interrupt her, "don't,"

I don't want jeffory's glaive, it will just remind me of what happened when I'm trying to forget, to let go of the past.

"You don't have to do that," I whisper slightly.
I lift my head high.

"That's not how I want to remember him..he took a lot of innocent lives unwillingly with that glaive..." More flashbacks come into my head and I feel like I'm actually there, in fear once again.

I speak again, "but that's not who he was! He was a kind man.." I feel a tear fall down my face as my heart aches, "with a real heart.."

I'm crying more now, "not a killer..."