Youre a Good Friend

Jack was first to wake up. He never knew why he would be waking up first. He was always the last awake at his house. He was hungry from a long day yesterday. And by long day, I mean he spent a day with Mark without acting like a complete fool. He wanted to wake up Mark so he screamed ,"IM GETTING DONUTS"

Right then and there Mark woke up. His hair over his face and he forgot to take of his glasses so they were messily arranged on his face. Jack smiled and looked at him like 'are you coming?'. Mark got up and dressed. Jack signaled Mark to come along and he did.

"Why do you always give me looks instead of talking, Jack?"
"Well, I'm just not use to ye."
"Well, I'm a lovable person so don't be scared." Mark smiled
"I bet ye are, Mark" Jack just laughed as if he was kidding, he wasn't.
"I want this one please!" Mark begged like a little kid. Jack just laughed.

Mark was staring at Jack the whole time they were walking to get donuts to when they were walking back from the donut shop. Jack, luckily for Mark, didn't notice it. Mark really wanted to make a move on this boy. He already knew he was gay so there is no shame right?

Mark held back but little did he know Jack wanted the exact same thing. Jack was really good at playing it off and pretending he wasn't in love with this red haired boy. He really wanted to kiss him and hug him. He realized he could play truth or dare and dare him to kiss him. But that would be weird. Jack didn't have any friends near, neither did Mark. But Jack decided to make the first move anyways.

"Truth. Or. Dare" Jack said very anxious. "Hmmm. Dare!" Mark yelled confidently. Jack suddenly realized he wasn't ready for this. "I dare ye to kiss-" Mark stared at him with anticipation, was it him he wanted Mark to kiss? The doorbell suddenly rang and Jack sighed in relief. Mark was thanking the door for 'ruining the moment'. He could just imagine the door laughing. But he slapped himself back into reality and opened the door. It was his mother.

"What's up mom?" She looked through the door to see Jack. She suddenly asked "Whos that Hun?" Mark just blushed. "Just a friend mom. But anyways, what's up?" Mark was just waiting for her to leave but she just walked right in. "What's. Up. Mom?"
Mark was really irritated now.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing."
"Fine." Jack left because he knew this would be awkward.
"Okay. Well I brought your favorite stuffed animal because you forgot it sweetie." Jack couldn't help but laugh. He covered his mouth and continued to listen.
"KAY THANKS MOM BYE!" Mark rushed her out the door and sighed. Jack just laughed. Mark blushed and told him to shut up. Jack pretended to look sad pretty well. "Jack I didn't mean it in sorry." Mark walked up and hugged Jack. This is exactly what both the boys wanted.

Jack just turned to face Mark. They stayed like that for a while. Mark wasn't complaining. Which was quite strange to Jack because Mark was straight. Jack smiled and twisted out of his arms. They were in a dancing like pose. They loved this. Something from the kitchen made a noise and Mark let go of Jack, because he was scared.

Jack laughed and Mark laughed along with him. They went to see what it was and it was just the microwave. Mark was cooking a hot pocket. He just laughed and blushed. "Look at ye. Hah scared of a microwave!" Jack teased. Suddenly there was thunder. Jack screeched and ran under the table. "Look who's scared now, baby." Mark smirked and then realized what he said.

Jack was surprised and pulled Mark under the table. "I don't want the lightning to hurt you." Mark saw how scared Jack was for him and he just smiled. They waited until the lighting ended. It stopped and the boys were relieved.

"You're a good friend, Jack" suddenly his heart dropped. Mark only saw him as a friend. Mark didn't realize what he did. They just stayed inside the rest o the day since it was still raining. Jack was still kind of upset. He thought it was so stupid but he kept with his unseen anger.

This is when Jack wanted to make his move.