{25}

Chapter 25

"I'm here to check-out my nephew Kaden  Rodriguez." I stated as I walked into the elementary school.

"And you are?" The secretary asked.
"I'm his aunt, Alexa Davis. His mother gave me consent to check him out early- Sophia Rodriguez." I answered politely.

"Uh, I got a call from Sophia saying a Mrs. Alexa Rodriguez could pick him up."

"Oh, she must've gotten confused." I laughed. "I'm engaged- so she must've assumed I already changed my name."

"Okay, well congratulations, you can sit down now." Bitch!

I sat down and waited. About five minutes later, I see a little boy rounding the corner, walking with a bounce in his step. He glanced at me, turned away, then turned back, and the expression on his face was priceless.

"Mommy!!" He shouted.
"Shhh!" I tried to calm him down.
"Sorry." He shrugged his shoulders as his cheeks turned pink.

"Guess who's here."

Kaden thought about it. I carried him out the door. He waved to the secretary and we walked out of the doors.

"My uncle?" He guessed.
"Which one?"
"Both?" He guessed again.
"Okay, now who's your other favorite auntie?"
"Sophie?" He guessed.
"That's your mother, you little butt head." I teased. He laughed.
"Is it auntie Rey?" He guessed.

The guys were in the truck while Reylor sat in the jeep.

I pointed my finger in their direction.
Marcus and Nathan waved. Marcus even honked. Not once, but several times.

"Shut up uncle Marc!" Kaden furrowed his eyebrows.
"Hey, language!" I got after him.

"English? Stick with the program auntie!" Kaden made a chopping motion with his hands, kind of like when you play paper, rock, scissors.

"Hey!" I scolded in a monster-like deep voice.
"What!" He replied in the same tone.
"My name is mommy!" I said the sentence normally until I got to the word mommy which I said quickly. He started giggling and squirming as I tried to buckle him in.

I put him in the truck and finally buckled him in the car seat we had gotten out of Sophie's car.

I put my seat belt on and waited for Marcus to jump on to the road.

We pulled up Sophie's driveway which was a gated area. Marcus reached his hand out and buzzed it. He stuck his head out the window and was making himself known. At once, he pointed behind him with his thumb probably including us in the situation.

Nathan stuck his hand out of the window and motioned for me to go ahead of him.

I sped through the gate. I parked the car on the side where it wouldn't be in the way. There was a younger man that walked out and was walking towards me.

"Excuse me ma'am, I can park your car and I'll send someone out to get your luggage." He offered.

"I'm fine, thank you though. What's your name?" I asked politely.

"Oh, silly me, where are my manners. My name is Travis."

"Hi Travis." I said as I extended my hand out for him to shake.

"I have a feeling we'll be great friends in the time that you live here." He said with a smirk.

I wasn't sure on how to take that. I just smiled, grabbed my suitcase and walked inside.

Marcus walked in with two suitcases, Nathan walked in with two, and Rey walked in with one.

I walked back outside and grabbed the two duffle bags that we had along with my makeup bag.

I was gonna learn to not use that as much. I had never really liked wearing makeup. Maybe it was because I was raised with my step brothers and other cousins who I didn't see as often anymore. Or maybe it was because I never liked the idea of spending time with snotty teenagers when I was eight.

My mom married for the first time when I was two, to my father and divorced him when I was twelve. She married again to a man when I was fourteen and had been with him for two years. If it weren't for that accident, they would still be here.

My dad hasn't really come around much. I haven't seen him in ten years. I just hope that my baby never has to go through that.

I was still deep in thought when Kaden started jumping on the couches.

"I don't think so!" I yelled.
"But mommy how else was I supposed to get your attention?" He asked.

"You simply go over and ask me what you want." I stated simply.

"Alright, well, I was gonna ask if you wanna go play with Legos in my room."

He was nervous of my answer. I knew, because he was rocking back and forth on his heels.

I picked him up and showered him with kisses. "How about after I unpack my stuff. That sound good?" I negotiated.

He shook his head yes. "And then we can go outside and I can show you our pool."
He exclaimed.

"I wanna go too, especially if it means I can see auntie in a bathing suit!" Marcus smirked.

"Piss off!" I laughed.
"What does Piss off mean?" Kaden asked. I quickly put my hand over his mouth. "Nothing. Just don't go around saying that randomly."

"I'm home!" Sophie called out.
Kaden had showed me where the fruit loops were. There was no getting up right now.

"In here!" I called out.

She walked in to see Kaden in pillows and blankets, Kiana on my legs with a toy, and me with a zip lock bag filled with fruit loops.

"Can I join the party?" She joked.
"Sure mommy, but you have to sit next to me. My spot is the cool spot." Kaden said in all seriousness.

"Okay baby boy, I'll sit with you." And with that, Sophie took her heels off and layer down in the many pillows and blankets I had layer out for Kaden.

I was still curious about what had happened and what Marcus had meant when he said that the men at the beach weren't cops. I was also still curious about what was so serious that made us move.

PLEASE!!!
Stick with me... I have no idea where this is going, but I promise it'll get better eventually... Yay for 60 reads... the most I've ever gotten was like 46... that's alot considering that it's me... ME!

Just to get this out there... I would have to dedicate my whole book to my best friend... she's getting me through some stuff and just being great...