{35}

Chapter 35

About an hour and a half later, Jackson Xavier Rodriguez was born at four pounds six ounces. He was premature and only sixteen and a half inches long.

"You did it, baby." Marcus whispered in my ear. I was in pain, but not as much as before.

I tried to focus on getting my breathing back to normal.

Marcus' phone started vibrating. He sat down in the chair that was next to me.

"Yeah, she did it!" Followed by, "Yeah, it's a boy."

Reylor was in the corner trying not to throw up. She was looking pale. Maybe even a little green.

After I let go of Nathan's hand, he walked over to her and tried to get her mind off of what she had just seen. I laughed mentally.

"Thanks for being here." I whispered to Marcus, my voice raspy.

"Baby, I wouldn't miss it for the world." He kissed my forehead.

I relaxed and tried to get comfortable, but I was still in pain.

"We are not having another one anytime soon!" I scolded.

Marcus laughed, Nathan smiled slightly, and Reylor had ran to the bathroom, leaving Nathan no choice but to run after her and make sure she was okay.

~☆~

"How long were you in there?" Sophie asked.

Sophie went to visit me and so did Richard and Stacy. It felt so good to be apart of a family, beings that I had lost mine and everything I had ever worked for. One thing is for sure though, I would never forget, ever, what I came from.

"I was in there for seven days. Jackson was premature so they wanted to make sure he was okay enough. And also, I guess they couldn't keep my blood pressure under control." I concluded.

"Now I'm not the only one who knows the pain of child birth. That hurt like a motherf-" Sophie was interrupted by a cough.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. Not with my neice, nephew and newborn child in hearing distance." Sophie chuckled when Marcus came around the corner with a very tiny baby in his arms. Kiana was walking and trying to run, while Kaden held her hand and kept making her laugh by stomping on the floor.

"Hey kiddos, keep it down! Jackson just fell asleep." Sophie laughed when Kaden quit what he was doing in the matter of a second or two.

"Excuse me." I got up and took Jackson in my arms. I kissed his forehead and walked upstairs with him.

I heard a noise I couldn't define. I'm only guessing it was something sliding.

"Marcus!" I called out. Jackson's eyes fluttered open. I rubbed his back. No response from Marcus.

I opened the door and there sitting in my recliner in the nursery was a slightly muscular guy. He looked almost as if he were a teenager. He couldn't be any older than twenty five.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"That doesn't matter right now. The only thing that matters is that Ryan sent me."

"Get out." I said lowly.
"Can you just-"
"Get out." I repeated.
"Hear me out, please."

I stood where I was and was ready to listen to what he had to say.

He pulled something out of his pocket. It was a piece of paper.

"Lexi," he began reading.
"The baby you were carrying should've been mine. I will have you someday and I will get what I want. I always do. Don't ever forget that." The kid folded the paper and handed it to me.

"Cute looking kid." He smiled. A tear slipped passed his eye.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He just shook his head.

"Do you need to talk about it?" I asked.

"I had a brother."

"Had?" I asked.

"Ryan got him. Don't ever risk anything for family. My sister had a similar situation and to get her, he used my brother. My sister is now paralyzed from the waist down, while my brother is still in a coma." He explained.

"What happened?" I asked, curiously.

"Car accident; my sister was driving her stupid Honda. She risked going to get my brother alone. Ryan figured it out and followed her. Long story short, he caused her car to roll over and the accident ended horribly." He was now crying silently, yet uncontrollably.

"I miss him so much. Her too. The old her. Don't test him. Your best bet would be to move and not look back." He suggested.

I stood there silently, rocking my sleeping baby. I was shocked by what I had just heard. I needed a minute to process everything I had just been told.

How could Ryan take it to that extent? That wasn't something to be taken lightly. I was going to figure out why he wasn't in jail, or prison at that.

I was going to get to the bottom of this. For my family. My son. Reylor. His next victims sake. Even if it was the last thing I did.