Camping

National camping day in magnolia was a favorite holiday for most people in the town. The Fairy Tail wizards packed their things and set out into the forest outside of Magnolia that morning. Finding an area with less trees than the rest, they set up their tents and got wood for fires. Each team got a tent and set everything up. Team Natsu made a decision to go for a hike first. They navigated the forest, following a worn trail. Lucy admired the vivid wildflowers and picked a pink and yellow one to put behind her ear. They walked along the trail, Natsu leading them along. They came to a lovely small lake and Natsu and Happy
started fishing. The others sat by the water and took in the relaxing beauty.

"Wow, it's the perfect temperature out here." Lucy said as she sat next to Gray and Erza.

"Not too hot but not too cold." Erza added, reclining against a tree. Their attention was momentarily captured by Natsu, who was flailing his arms and yelling about how he had almost got a fish, but it swam away.

After a good hour, Natsu had finally caught a big fish and took it back to the camp. The others decided to keep going down the trail.

They walked along the trail that led around the lake and wound back toward their camp. Everything was in bloom and the flowers were perfect. Little animals skittered from tree to tree, and a breeze blew softly. As they rounded a bend, a stream crossed the path and a small wooden bridge went over it. Crossing the bridge, they continued on. Since it was near lunchtime, they headed back toward the camp to meet up with everyone else.

"Hey, guys!" Mira greeted them with a smile.

"Hey!" Lucy replied cheerfully.

"We brought some sandwiches for lunch." She informed them.

"Natsu's gonna be devastated. He caught a whole fish for everyone and brought it back here." Gray said.

"Oh, yeah, we're going to cook that for dinner." Mira replied. The team chatted with her for a while before parting ways. Lucy went to Levy, who was staring intently at a book.

"Hey, Levy." Lucy greeted as she sat next to her.

"Hi." Levy replied.

"What are you reading?" Lucy asked.

"It's a book about different ancient magics." Levy said, showing Lucy the front of the book. Gray walked over to the two and stood beside Lucy.

"Hey." He said. The two looked up at him.

"Hi, Gray." Levy greeted him happily.

"What's up?" Lucy asked.

"Erza suggested going swimming in that lake-pond" He told them.

"Lake-pond?" Lucy knew what he meant, but questioned what he called it.

"Yeah. It's too small to be a lake, but it's a bit big to be a pond." He explained. Lucy nodded in agreement and Levy stood.

"Should I tell some other people?" She asked.

"I don't see why not." Gray reasoned. Levy left them and went around to other guild members.

"Should we head there?" Gray asked.

"I just have to get my suit first." Lucy skipped into Team Natsu's tent and changed into her suit, putting her shirt on over it for the moment. She went back to Gray and stood expectantly next to him.

"Where'd your shorts go?" He asked confusedly.

"Where'd your shirt go?" She responded.

"Fair enough." He dismissed it and they walked to the lake-pond.