|Ch. 4|

I walked into the classroom, scanned the room, and saw Alex situated in his seat 10 minutes early as always. As I was walking by his seat, I looked over at him but he was busy looking straight at his book not paying any attention to me. I piled past the people on my row occasionally hitting them with my book bag and constantly saying sorry.

I plopped down next to Brian and gleamed at him. He greeted me with a soft kiss and I could feel his smile as he was kissing me.

"You enjoy that party this weekend?" asked Brian to me.

"Yeah, it was great," I whispered as the teacher walked in ready to start class.

"Good," he said as he grabbed my hand and placed it in his.

I watched his smile grow wider. I didn't want to disappoint Brian and I always hated lying to him but I guess this one little white lie wouldn't hurt, right?

The class dragged on for over an hour as I intently listened to the teacher. I could faintly hear Brian's heavy breathing as he fell asleep. I usually fell asleep in this class but at the angle that I saw the teacher I could see everything Alex was doing and I couldn't take my eyes off  him.

We had our very first real conversation last night, and I wanted to have more.

"Alright, there will be a test next class, so I hope you payed attention.....Brian!" shouted Mrs. Holiday.

Brian pressed his hands together mumbled a few words then loudly said, "Amen....I was praying."

All the students roared in laughter, except Alex. He sat with his face smug and his eyes caught mine. I quickly looked away and stopped laughing.

Mrs. Holiday shot a look of disgust at Brian and proceeded to put her papers in her tote bag.

"Seriously, praying?" I said.

Brian smirked and I looked to see if Alex was still in his seat. He wasn't. I figured he must have darted out the classroom after Brian's incident.

"Why don't you and I go out tonight? Just you and me to your favorite restaurant," Brian said as his blue eyes sparkle at me.

"My mouth is watering at this very moment, thinking of chips and salsa," I said licking my lips.

"You are so weird," Brian exclaimed as he playfully pushed me and we walked out of the classroom.

"So, I will pick you up at 6?" said Brian.

I nodded as he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a huge bear hug lifting me off the ground.

I kicked my feet and laughed as he spun me around while I screamed, "Put me down Brian, stop."

Brian lowered me to the ground and kissed me lightly on the forehead.

"See you, later," he said as I watched him walk off outside.

I walked back to my dorm room, which was halfway across campus from my class. I scoured everywhere to see if I could find Alex but he was no where to be seen.

I scanned my I.D. card and walked into my room, which was oddly clean. I'm usually a messy person but this morning I decided to take initiative and clean my room. My turquoise bed sheets were glowing as my Christmas Lights were turned on. I looked at my wall, smiling to myself when my eyes landed on the picture collage of Brian and I which had been pinned up into the form of a heart.

I rummaged through my closet to see what I was going to wear tonight. 'I honestly have nothing to wear,' I thought as I flipped through hundreds of clothes. Suddenly, my fingers stopped on a red dress. It was scoop necked at the top and flowed into a skater skirt at the bottom. Perfect.