Ch.7 Teasing

3rd Person

Leona placed the beach chair on the sand. She was escaping the chaos of Beach volleyball from a distance, a far distance.  There was a sandy clearing of tide pools, close to the shore. She sat down and propped her elbow on the arm rest, and held her head up.

The calm waves occasionally lapped her feet. Her gaze settled upon the crashing waves in the abyss, and later and her new found sibling and family. Yes she thought of Bruce, Dick, Barbra, and Damian of course as family and colleagues. Tim, was quite questionable...

She tossed a few strands of hair that fell over her shoulder onto her back, How does Bab-Barbra deal with hair engulfing your face All. The. TIME. Her wild hair was the reason it was always had some form of braids to keep it away from blinding her.

Her gaze settled once again on the game of volleyball commencing farther away from her. She of course found a serene area to stay at, separating herself from everyone as much possible. She didn't despise her sibling as much, and doesn't want to claw the smirk on Dick's face....not much anyway. Either way it was a start for the almost ex-assassin.

Usually she would hate sand with a burning passion. Yet this time the grains that seemed to get in every space possible (making it impossible to clean claws) didn't bother her too badly. In fact it was very calming. It was the wet sand you found near the shore, but warmed by the Suns rays, making it perfect to warm wet feet.

Another small chuckle escaped her lips as she watched Dick get hit in the head with a beach ball. He was teamed with Damian, since, from the shouts she heard earlier, Drake will only get in his way. Damian and Dick were a okay team, they would've been better if Dick actually stopped sneaking glances of Barbra, and if Damian would stop constantly trying to frame Tim for cheating, and pointing out his every flaw. Every Flaw.

Tim and Barbra were more organized. It was like they knew what the other was thinking. Their teamwork was good. It also could've been better if Tim focused more on the actual game instead of Damian. In his mind, he was convinced Damian will try to murder him, even if it included a multicolored plastic ball.

Bruce was the only normal one. Even Dick and Bab's had used training moves from their alter egos, Nightwing and Oracle.

(I actually don't know if it's Oracle or Batgirl but....)

The game paused when Tim knocked it into the ocean, forced to retrieve it by the one and only, Damian Wayne. Leona returned her gaze to the ocean. The waves looked inviting, and warm too. She removed the white tee thrown by Babs and untied the skirt, placing both items of clothing on the beach chair. A breeze went by and once again tossed hair into her eyes, causing a few colorful words to ring out.

She pushed away the untamed hair and continued towards the ocean. She stopped when the water was about to her thighs and pulled her knees to her chest. Warm water flowed around her, it only rose to her chest. Currents of water struggled to push Leona towards the shore once again, still trying to drag her back, yet not succeeding.

The Lionesses ears perked when she heard gravely footsteps. She should've caught them sooner, but all she could hear where waves and the occasional seagull. She didn't even bother catching the scent.

She felt the splashes of water wetting the remainder of dry hair. The figure sat next to her in the same position. He smoothed down some hair and looked at Leona with green eyes. Leona was happily content being alone, staring at waves. Yet her Demon of a brother had to come along.