Ch.14 Teamwork is the Worst Experience Ever

That had nothing to do with the story, except for the fact it's my mood)

Remember, Damian and Leona are Half Siblings, but I call them twins.
________________________________________________

Be Honest with yourself. When you tell someone to "Stay" they're going to follow you. This was Leona's and Damian's-'scuse me, Shadow's and Robins problem.

There had been some shady figures in Central City for the last 5 weeks. What is believed to be a small organization, with around 25 members dressed in dark robes and masks, have been meeting in various places, such as abandon warehouses, old cemeteries, and forests. The League has been watching their movements for some time, until they decided to send their mature team of teens.

Leona sat in one of the Bio-Ship chairs,  gazing out the window, and occasionally glaring at her Twin for angering the Ticking Time Bomb, SuperBoy himself.

Kid Flash, Bart, was like a sugar high 6 year old. He was physically vibrating and speeding between the Siblings, asking questions and getting little to no answer.

The Crew included Miss Martian, SuperBoy, Kid Flash, Blue Beetle, Robin, and Shadow. It was evident SuperBoy was going to punch a wall or better yet Damian. Bart was oblivious to how annoyed Damian was, and the fact Leona hasn't said one thing back but took silence as answer. Meg'aan seemed to understand Emotions way better than the ginger, and scolded him, but laughed time to time. Nothing out of the ordinary with super powered Teens.

'Poor Beetle' Leona thought, wondering how the 16 year old tolerated this on a daily basis. She sighed as Bart yet again was making his rounds towards her. "Hey Shadow, is it true Batman isn't your Dad".

"Bart!" Me'gaan Scolded. Leona stiffened at the the question. "Oh, uh, Oops Sorry! I didn't mean to-" "It is alright" Leona cut off the stammering Ginger. For the first time, Bart could catch a glimpse of her Grey eyes through the mask. The color perfectly matched clouds gathering on the horizon before a storm. "It is not known who my father is, my past was harsh and strict before I met Batman so he is my only father figure." The atmosphere turning desolate and quiet.

"Tch, Batman is a better father than that Supe-" Damian was cut off with a very hard look that screamed 'continue and I'll slit your throat' from his Twin. The group rode in silence, Bart seeming satisfied, and the tension between Superboy and Robin disappearing.

______________________

"Would You Stop That"

"Stop What"

"That"

Leona glared at the Vibrating Ginger. "You're going to give out or hiding spot" she hissed. Impulse shrugged, "Sorry, I get excited knowing something big is going to happen." Her eyes widened. "Oops, Spoile-", Leona shushed the ginger. "We're being watched". As soon as the words left her mouth, a swift punch was thrown somewhere. Her eyes darted to the sound, 'Of course Superboy would also catch on' She thought, taking out her own weapons.

The element of surprise, one of the lessons Leona valued the most. Strapped to her limbs, under her cape, and even hidden in her boots, were small swords and throwing knives. She also had a few "special" shuriken with her too. While assassination and the act of blending in was her strong point, if needed, she was also quite good with a sword.

"You damned idiot" She hissed under her breath, taking out her explosive shuriken, She struck one of the members right in the shoulder blade. "Oops" Bart quipped, rushing off into battle. Leona sighed, she climbed up the branches of a nearby tree for a better view.

Blue Beetle had it covered, besides constantly responding to god knows what. Superboy seemed more destructive than what She had hoped for, but hey, he is Superman's Clone. Miss Martian was a very interesting subject, She could swiftly eliminate an enemy at will if she wanted, and did it in a more...discreet way. Robin was currently engaged in a sword fight with one of the members. And Bart at the moment was to busy to notice another figure behind him.

Like a Cat, swooping down to claim its prey, Leona jumped towards the member and sunk two long daggers into their shoulder blades. They let out a scream of agony, desperately trying to pry the girl off. She sunk the daggers down deeper until she was sure they could do no more harm.

The scream of another member alerted the rest of the group.

They moved as one. All suddenly stopping, and swiftly leaving, the fluttering of maroon capes following them.

"They were way to skilled to just up and leave like that" Blue said, flying back down. Ignoring the sudden leave, Leona went to the member she stabbed, lying on the forest floor. They were dead, and if not dead yet, They were soon to be. Her eyes then caught something on their wrist. A small metal pendant around the size of a quarter. One side had a mountain engraved into it, while the other was still smooth and cold. 'Seeing as they are dead...' She took the pendant in her hand.

_________________

"How'd your first mission with the brats go?"

"Selena Please," Leona pleaded "I do not want to be reminded."

The older woman chuckled at the girls reaction. "Not Good then?" She said, putting the slice of bread on the tuna sandwich. Selena placed the sandwich in front of The brooding girl, "Tell me all about it."

"Well," Leona took a bite "It isn't all bad, There are few tolerable figures like that of Wonder Girl and Miss Martian-". Leona went from talking about the mission to just about her life. School, Social, Different ways to murder her siblings, You name it. Around Selena she could always unwind, just let loose and spill everything she holds in. Although her conversation kept reverting to one person.

"And that Loud Ginger had the nerve to give me aw-"

"You speak awfully a lot about this ginger kid."

"I-"Leona didn't know what to say. Whenever she rambles like this, she doesn't even remember what she says half the time. Instead of thinking of an excuse, she put her dish in the sink. "Oooh" Selena purred. "Oh shut it" Leona halfheartedly groaned.

"I must be off now though, Selena. Thank you for the meal and the chat." She said politely, "You're like family to me."

Family.

Family was a word that was soon going to be a bitter stain to her.

Nothing but a stain, that was waiting to spill.

____________________________________

I have no explanation for not updating besides I've been focusing on other books.

Although I do hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Stay Whelmed my Peeps!

1/9/18

-NeptuneStar