Ch.8 Stray

I've spent 10 minutes looking at Cat Pictures...
Ignore the Uggs and Scarf
_____________________________________________________________________________

The Feline was once again rudely awakened in the early morning. Many Death Threats echoed through the halls of the manor that Monday morning. All by Damian and Leona, of course.

Leona huffed annoyedly at the large closet. Why do females have so many choices in clothing. She glanced at the nearest outfit and shrugged. Not like there is anything to do any way.

She stripped and slid the loose, grey sweater on, along with a pair of light blue jeans. Shoes didn't matter much so she quickly put on a pair of sneakers. The sweater went over her waist, but it didn't matter. Even July in Gotham can be chilly, especially the mornings.

She ran her fingers through her thick braid, as much as she could at least. What to do about hair. She shrugged and left the messy braid as it is.

Leona's POV

I left the large room. A strong scent of Food whiffed and consumed the hallway. I've heard rumors about Pennyworth's cooking. They were no rumors.

Taking a step towards, the scent only intensified. Damn. You. Hunger.

A sudden change in mood came over me. Much like any feline, mischievousness is essential, runs in my veins. It's a good feeling of when you're about to do something bad. I ran towards the staircase, narrowly missing a vase, and leapt onto the railing. Sitting on it, I slid down the wooden railing and landed on my feet, with a loud thud.

Bruce was sipping a coffee while reading a newspaper. He glanced at me with a shocked look before shrugging it off. Was this normal, or just expected. "Why Good morning Leona" he greeted. His "Batman" voice was very different than "Bruce Wayne". I flashed a cheeky smirk like smile. "Good Morning Bruce" I returned the greeting.

"You know you can call me-Well Damian calls me Father"
You are not my Father
"You are not my Father" I repeated the thought from my head "Father"

Bruce Chuckled, "You're very stubborn". I nodded. "Alfred prepared breakfast, I have to go to work, Though Dick and Damian are still here" He focused his attention back to the newspaper.

I started walking towards the large dining room. Damian sat in front of Dick, a thin, bread like pastry hung from his fork and another, circular one was on his plate. Dick had a white, fluffy cream on his pastry, along with what looked like Strawberries I guess. What ever those were, they smelled amazing.

My ears picked up light footsteps from behind, most likely Pennyworth. As predicted the Elderly Servant appeared behind me. If it wasn't for my trained ears I would guess he was a assassin. Living with The Batman has its good outcomes.

"Ah, Mistress Leona, Good Morning"

Pennyworth greeted quite cheerfully, getting the attention of my sibling and...Adoptive Brother. "Leona, what do you think of my smiling pancake" Dick asked happily, in hope of a positive response. I scoffed.

"Grayson don't scare-creep out the girl, she's only been here for three days" Damian shot back. Almost in a angered tone. The two began to bicker about "creeping me out".

Pancakes. I've heard about these pastries, a French Delicacy. Sugar too. From what I know, they don't even taste like cake, only have a similar substance. The name is misleading. Very Misleading.