Weapons and Equipment

A battle-ax, with a long blade like the top, is perfect for disemboweling, and the pike on its back pierces metal helmets with ease.

The halberd is most useful as a spear for ceremonial assemblies and barrier control.

Two-handed battle-ax is designed for ripping and slashing chainmail.

Single-handed ax can break visors and tear rivets from armor.

The master weapon for the elite warrior's, the fire sword's flaming core cuts metal like butter and will cauterize living flesh as it slices.

The fire sling is carried by ground troops, who use them to fling wave after wave of molten marbles the size of hens' eggs.

The fire spear, hurled by flying cavalry, rains destruction on armies and buildings, melting armor and flesh.

The magma gun is carried by shock troops, whose function is to destroy enemy command and control centers, and their officers. The gun fires molten pellets at Mach 1 velocities.

The Ice Droid, a six-limbed smart armor from an older civilization (the driver sits in the pelvic compartment); the ocean dwellers, some predatory, some friendly, the Horned Mudworks, a bottom-feeding marine mammal with a pair of tusks growing from its head crest that can break through the ice or uproot urchins and shellfish - or defend against the Marasaur, its only predator.

The Ice Smasher might be an armored cave dweller, with a thick horned hide and a clubbed tail that it uses defensively, or to smash the ice before feeding the Marasaurs.

The ice ax is the weapon of choice of the Ice Smasher. The claw-toothed ice tool, used for traversing ice walls, also makes a nasty weapon.

The Giant Snow Wheeler's gyroscopic motor keeps it level. The driver rides on the axle cockpit, another bit of ancient technology left in the deep freeze.

Skull Staff
Small animal skulls and teeth can be lashed to the staff, and with the right incantation, can raise the dead or give the wizard the power of the animal in question. Human skulls are bit unwieldy and are generally used only by ogres, cannibals, and she-devils.

Crystal Staff
The addition of crystals, stolen from a dragon's lair, can provide the wizard a variety of useful tricks, such as the ability to fly or become invisible.

Symbol Staff
Staff carved in the shape of a powerful magical symbol are very popular. The symbol can denote membership of a particular order of wizardry or show allegiance to a specific demigod. The staff can be used to invoke the power of the demigod, usually an elemental force such as rain, thunder, or a plague of frogs.

Symbolic Objects
Serpent Ring - The ouroboros, or serpent eating its own tail, represents the eternal cycle of nature, while the ring itself symbolizes the path of the sun around the heavens.
Spell Book - Where would a wizard be without a moldering tome? Most books have special powers of their own - they can speak, they can fly, they can open the gates of hell - but if that doesn't work, the book should be hefty enough to use as a blunt object.

Inscribed Rings - From the earliest times, the ring has symbolized eternity and the creation of bonds. Very ancient rings are inscribed with incantations or the signs of the Zodiac.

Wand of Hermes - Also known as the caduceus, this is a symbol of peace, protection, and healing.

Pentagram - The five-pointed star is used to bind or entrap the powers of evil.

Hand of Fatima - The four fingers represent generosity, hospitality, power, and divine goodness.

Accouterments
Potions, with uses ranging from raising the dead to curing common colds. Spells inscribed in an ancient language that is indecipherable to the uninitiated. Keys to various chests, hoards, and secret chambers. Hand of Fatima to avert the evil eye. Herbs and spices - the use of natural remedies are widespread among wizards. Rings to enhance powers, represent the wearer's authority and use as a seal. Logo to identify the order or sect to which the wizard belongs - the Middle-earth equivalent of a designer label. Powder pouch for creating impressive special effects. Eye of Osiris, or the evil eye, to cast bad luck.