Tactics and Strategies of Carver Sindile

If you are in an urban area, blend with the locals as much as possible. Dress down. Hide E&E (escape and evasion) tools in your clothing and on your body in case you are captured. Avoid groups of children since they are quicker to recognize strangers. If you choose to stay in a hotel, 2nd floor is recommended, and if you're staying in a building you have two options: one choose a public place with people or if you want to avoid contact stay in a place that is being renovated. Block all doors. Make sure window escapes are accessible.

Sleep with clothes and shoes on. All gear packed and ready to move if you think you're comprised or about to be comprised. Avoid using any phone to communicate. Test/defeat alarm systems and dogs before breaking into structures. Steal vehicles as a last resort and disable dash and interior lights. Steal official uniforms/badges/ID as a last resort and if you don't want to do that steal one and make a copy then return it or take pictures of it and make a copy.

Familiarize yourself with local weapons (observe and understand before attempting to use) if in a foreign country. Use cash/diamonds/precious metals to bribe as a last resort. Look like you belong there. Act casual, don't run or appear frantic. If you think you're being followed, use your surroundings (mirrors or windows) to observe or use camera surveillance tactics. Be aware of curfews and local habits (such as prayer times).

Avoid markets, but during off hours they can be a good source of thrown away garb, food, tools, etc. In larger cities, you can use the city drain system to move undetected and/or hide. Never use sewer systems. If possible, cache supplies in your bugout location for later use. Sanitize uniform of potentially compromising information. Sanitize area, hide equipment you are leaving.

Assess the immediate situation. Use terrain to advantage; communication and concealment. Find hold-up site. Select a place of cover and concealment providing: Adequate cover; ground and air. Safe distance from enemy positions and lines of communication (LOCs). Listening and observation point. Multiple avenues of escape. Protection from the environment.

Stay alert, maintain security. Never discard clothing. Wear loose and layered clothing: Tight clothing restricts blood flow regulating body temperature. Layers create dead air space. In hot areas keep entire body covered to prevent sunburn and dehydration.

Color Code: Here's how it works: Condition Green - In Condition Green, you are completely relaxed and unalert. If you are violently attacked while in this condition, you will most likely be destroyed. In today's violent times one should never be in this condition. Condition Yellow - This is a state of general awareness. There is no specific threat, but you are alert and ready for action should any signs of danger occur. Condition Orange - Here you recognize something specific as a potential threat and your mind is focused on the danger. Condition Red - The trouble has escalated and a violent confrontation is unavoidable. You must act forcefully now. The most important transition in this color code system is from yellow to orange. Condition Yellow is simply a state of general alertness. In Condition Orange, there is a specific possible danger. The sooner you perceive a potentially dangerous situation, the better off you will be should things degenerate into a violent confrontation.

Surveillance and Antisurveillance

The Single Tail
The easiest type of surveillance to detect is when you are being followed by a single surveillant. The lone surveillant must stay close enough to keep you in sight, yet far enough away to avoid detection -- no easy feat. In residential areas, he can remain a few cars back due to the density of traffic. Also, he has the option of following the victim on a parallel street. In rural areas, about all he can do is remaining well back and hope for the best. The single tail may employ certain tricks of the trade to make his job easier. At night, he may break a taillight or place a small luminous sticker on the rear of the victim's vehicle to make it more distinguishable. To decrease the possibility of detection, he may change his seating position or use various types of disguise. Professional investigators, whether governmental or private, rarely conduct a surveillance using a single unit. The risk of getting burned is just too great.