Chapter 1

Only 3 more years. In 3 years I'll be done high school. In 3 years I'll never have to see these people again. But 3 years is a LONG time.

"Get out of the way Lester!" someone shouted from behind me. I didn't have to look to see who it was. I knew.

"Anything to say Lester?" Jack asked, lifting me up. I'm tall...but skinny. It's pretty easy for people to push me around because I'm so light.

I shook my head quickly.

"What is your PROBLEM? You don't talk!" Jack mumbled, dropping me on the floor. Ever since the people from school found out I was gay, I hadn't said a thing. Jack turned to his friends (Alex, Charlie, Grace, and Dan) and smirked. I knew what that meant. Time to kick Lester because he still won't say anything. Of course I was right. This happened every day. They all took turns kicking me around then left as quickly as they'd come.

I sat up very slowly and looked at my arms and stomach. I could see that I was bleeding and my pale skin was already starting to bruise. I stood up, trying to ignore the pain and walked to art. It was the only class I actually LIKED.

"You're late again Philip." Mrs. Wilson sighed as I limped in the classroom. I nodded my head and made my way to my desk at the back of the class.

"As I was saying, I'll be splitting you all into pairs of two for the trip to the forest we're taking." I groaned, realizing I would have to share a cabin with another person. I had almost forgotten about the stupid 2 week we were taking to the forest in the middle of nowhere. Mrs. Wilson thought that it would be a great idea to let us travel around a forest and draw everything that we saw. It WOULD be a great trip...if I didn't have to share a cabin with someone.

We all nodded and she began reading the list of partners. "Grace with Zoe. Dean with Jack. Isabelle and Hazel. Dan and Phil..." I stopped listening. I would be stuck in a FOREST with Dan Howell? The guy whose best friends beat me up on a daily basis. Oh perfect. That just made me so much more excited for this trip.

When all of the groups had been called, Dan came over to me. He flicked his brown fringe out of the way and smiled.

"So...I guess we should get to know each other..?" he asked quietly.

I smirked. Like I would tell him anything about myself.

"Come on Phil. Tell me anything. Like your favourite band."

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my notebook. I scribbled 'One Direction' on a page and showed him.

"You can't be serious." Dan laughed. I smiled and scratched it out. I wrote 'Muse' under it.

He read it quickly and grinned. "I love Muse!"

I smiled back. "You should talk to me." he added.

My smile faded away but I nervously nodded once.

"What do you like to do then?"

I thought for a moment before saying: "Nothing. I mainly watch YouTube videos or go on twitter...or tumblr."

"Why haven't we talked before? I like the same things."

This really annoyed me. "Because you're too busy with your 'popular' friends." I said coldly.

He stopped smiling immediately. "Well at least I HAVE friends." Dan glared then went back to his desk and ignored me for the rest of the class.