Chapter 2

The day went by fairly quickly after I talked to Dan. Art was the only class that I had with him so I didn't have to worry about seeing him during a class. I couldn't avoid him for very much longer...in only 2 days, I'd be stuck in the middle of a forest with only Dan to keep me company. Together we would have to cook, clean, draw, and basically live together. Isn't this the kind of thing that you would do with your best friend? I DEFINITELY wasn't Dan's best friend...and he obviously wasn't even a friend of mine. I don't have friends. I would be leaving them in 3 years anyways.

When I opened the front door to my house, the spell of a strong tomato sauce hit me. Mum was trying to cook again. Lovely.

"Phil? Is that you dear?" she called from the kitchen.

I dropped my bag on the floor and took off my shoes. "Yeah it's me. Who else would it be?"

I didn't get an answer so I went upstairs to my bedroom. I turned on my laptop and went on twitter...I had a new follower.

Dan Howell (@danisnotonfire)

Danisnotonfire? What kind of name was that? A better question...why had Dan followed me? We weren't friends...we didn't even like each other at all. I rolled my eyes but followed him back. Maybe he'd tell me why the hell he would even bother trying to find me.

"Phil! Supper's ready!" my mum shouted.

"Coming mum!" I yelled back while shutting my laptop. I ran down the stairs taking two at a time and stumbled into the kitchen.

"Careful! Don't run into anything."

"Sorry...just hungry..." I mumbled taking my seat at the table. Mum passed me a plate full of spaghetti and sat down in her own seat.

"Have you finished packing for your trip?" she asked while taking a bite of her food.

"Um....no. I just need to pack a few more things and I'll be good to go." I lied. I hadn't even started packing. It's easier just to wait till the night before in my opinion.

"Oh that's good. Did you find out who you'll be sharing a cabin with?" she continued, completely oblivious to the lie I had just told her. Though maybe...maybe she DID notice the lie but she just didn't care enough to point it out.

I sighed. "Dan. Dan Howell. You know the boy that pretty much everyone loves?"

She nodded once. "The boy that everyone, but you, likes." My mum always corrected these things.

"Yeah." I picked up my empty plate and brought it over to the sink. "I'm going to go finish packing." I said, walking towards the stairs.

"Oh...alright. Nice chat then.."

I ran back up the stairs and opened twitter. Someone had sent me a DM...that was odd. Don't people just, I don't know, TWEET each other on here? The DM was from Dan...even more surprising.

hey phil. sorry about art. can you text me when you get this?

He'd left his phone number at the end. I was in a state of shock. That thing Sherlock once said worked perfectly here. I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket! Why did I have to text him? Couldn't he just talk to me on twitter. After thinking about what I should do for a few moments, I grabbed my phone and sent a quick text to Dan.

Hi dan?

I continued doing my usual internet thing while I waited for a answer. Reblog 5 gifs, watch one video, then I had a text. He answered pretty quickly...7 minutes?

hey! i was just wondering if you could come over to mine? we didnt really get to talk much during art and the trip is in 2 days...

I glared at the text for a second. This is some kind of trick. Dan just wants me to go over to his HOUSE just so we could talk? I thought about an answer.