Chapter 3

I woke with a start when I felt someone tap my shoulder. My eyes snapped open and I saw Dan standing above me.

"Morning Phil." he grinned at me.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. "Hello."

"You sound tired still...did you want to go back to sleep?" he asked worriedly.

I checked the time on my phone...10:34AM. "Nah...I'm good. Thanks for letting me stay."

"Oh no problem. Want to come make pancakes with me?" Dan asked while walking towards the door.

"Sure!"

We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Dan started opening cupboards pulling out things that we would need to make our food.

"Can you come mix this for me?" he pointed at a bowl to his left and continued to get the pan ready.

"Alright." I picked up the bowl and began whisking it. Dan looked over at me, probably to tell me to give him the bowl, and started laughing at me.

"You...how did....your nose is COVERED in the mix." he tried to say between laughs.

I out the bowl back on the counter and rubbed my nose. This made Dan laugh even more.

"Stop. Stop! You're just spreading it around your face. Let me get it." he opened a drawer and pulled out a hand towel, he then walked over to me and started whiping of the mix. He stepped back and grinned at me. "All better!"

I smiled a bit. "Thanks."

"You're welcome! Now....let's make our pancakes!" Dan shouted grabbing the bowl and walking towards the pan.

I ran over. "Can I help. Pleaaaase?"

"You sound like a little kid."

"I just want to help..." I mumbled.

It sounded like he said 'it was cute' under his breath, but I didn't bother asking. Instead I took the bowl from him and put some of the batter into the waiting pan.

After 15 minutes of making pancakes I suddenly remembered something. "I'm going to have to start packing for our trip on Monday."

"I could help if you wanted. I'm already finished." he offered while flipping the last pancake onto a plate.

"Sure, if you really want to. It'll take me forever to finish otherwise."

Dan took our plates to the table and sat down. "Okay. After breakfast we'll go to your house and pack your bags. It shouldn't take too long."

I sat down across from him and nodded. We ate our food in silence.

"Those were fantastic!" I grinned after finishing.

"Ha...they're just pancakes. I suppose we should get ready to go then?"

"Yeah....that would be a good idea." I agreed putting my plate in the sink after Dan.

We went back upstairs and Dan pulled out a pair of black pants and a Muse shirt. "I think these will fit you." he told me, throwing the clothes at me.

This time I went to the washroom to change and Dan stayed in his bedroom. Without looking in the mirror, I took off Dan's pyjama pants and put the black pants on. I switched the shirts quickly and stepped out of the washroom. One of the weird things about me is that I can't stand looking at myself in a mirror. It's always made me upset.

I knocked on Dan's bedroom door and I heard him say come in quickly. I opened the door and looked at him carefully. He was wearing a similar outfit to mine. Black 'spray on' jeans and a My Chemical Romance shirt.