30

bruh lol i've had a few months from hell let me tell u

It was difficult focusing my senses on a specific part of my body. Trying to feel any kind of sensation in my toes, legs, core, arms, even head was impossible. My thoughts were entirely intact; however my only emotion was relief. Was I dead? I didn't think death was capable of this much of euphoria...

There were no sounds, no color, no sentiment. I was completely alone with my thoughts.

"She's waking up." I heard a strange voice echoing in the distance, ruining the pristine silence. Soon enough I felt a sharp pain in my right upper arm. I winced from the sudden glare of bright white light, forcing my eyes shut. I felt something- or rather someone take my hand giving it a tight squeeze.

"Go ahead and open your eyes, Rebecca." The voice sounded again. It was soft and feminine. As much as I hated the limelight, I felt the need to open my eyes once again. I slowly pried my eyelids away from each other exposing my sensitive orbs to the excruciating light in front of me. I flickered my eyes pep and shut a few times before keeping them permanently open. I felt my hand twitch-

"Welcome back." The same voice snickered beside me. I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to find the source of the voice. I looked up by tilting my head towards the ceiling instantly recognizing the considerable amount of pain in my neck and arm. I drew in a breathe from gritted teeth. The grip on my right hand tightened again before letting go, "Don't strain your neck, Rebecca. You fell pretty hard." The voice warned me. I moved my eyes up further, and they met with a pair of hazel ones looking back down at me. It was a doctor...a woman. A very beautiful woman with a comforting voice.

I used the hand that she had been squeezing to bring it up to my forehead, holding it in pain, "How long was I out for?" I asked her in a groggy voice.

"About an hour. A man carried you in after trying to get you to wake up. You gave us all a good scare, girlfriend." She explained while flipping through some papers on her clipboard. I tried to sit up, it took a little more effort than normal, but I managed.

"Where is he?" I asked her meaning Luke. She sat her clipboard down and gave me a condescending look, "He's right outside, but I have a few questions for you first if that's alright."

I nodded and waited for her to ask away. She pulled up a chair and sat down. I watched as she folded her hands and placed them in her lap, "Did you eat anything today?"

"Yeah, I got breakfast with my boyfriend at around 9."

"Okay, did you do anything physical today that might have been too much for you?"

"No, I didn't do much of anything today." I said. I was hoping she wasn't going to ask what I think she was going to ask.

"Feeling nervous or anxious more than normal today?"

I was silent for a few seconds before I responded, "A little. My boyfriend and I had just moved here only a few days ago. It's been a stressful few weeks." I told her. I watched her nod a few times, "Stress is bad, Rebecca. I want you to stay away from stressful situations, got it?"

I scoffed, "That's almost impossible."

x.x.x

The ride home from the hospital was silent. Only because I was internally flipping the fuck out. I still couldn't get the idea that I could be pregnant out of my head. If I am, I'm pretty sure Caleb would be the father. It's the only solution that makes sense. I stopped taking my birth control around the time Luke dropped me off at Caleb's. There is no way it would be Luke's; only by some miracle which isn't possible.

I am not ready to be a mother right now. Not at all. I don't even know the basics of raising a child. I can't have a baby. I won't have a baby. Not now. I knew I couldn't hide this much of a colossal secret from Luke and the best thing to do is to tell him. But I can't bring myself to say it. Once I say it, it becomes real. And it might not even be true, and I'm working us both up for nothing.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Luke asked me for the third time since we got into the car. I looked over at him and watched as he held the steering wheel with one hand and the other was laying in his lap.

"I haven't been taking my birth control for a couple of weeks." I blurted. Luke and I had just started being on good terms again. I can't risk that by keeping this secret from him.

"Fuck, are you pregnant?" He whipped his head towards me. I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. I could be-"

"And it's fucking Caleb's kid isn't it?"

"Luke watch out!" I shouted before Luke slammed on the brakes a little too late. We collided with the stopped car in front of us.

yup didn't proofread no regrets