Chapter 7

When Alexa wakes up, Zayn is already at our apartment, carressing her hair softly and looking at her with so much love in his eyes, I swear he is going to kiss her the following instant. I wish someone would look at me like that... She smiles sleepily when she sees him, and lifts her blanket up so Zayn could lay with her. This is actually cheesier than some lame romantic comedy. But, they seem happy, so that's fine with me.

They start whispering quietly, and I decide to leave them at it. I would really want to hang out with Marcel, but inviting myself isn't really my type of thing... Who am I kidding, it's exactly my type of thing. I grab my book and my bag and head out the door unnoticed.

I end up in Dunkin' Donuts since there is no cafe-library over here, and buy a chocolate milkshake. I decide to text Marcel to see what he's up to.

'Watcha doin?'

It takes a while for him to respond, and I almost settle on reading my book in here, before my phone screen shows he texted me back.

'Playing video games with Lee. You?'

That full stop makes me very insecure. I really don't like full stops, they make me feel like the person that used it is angry or annoyed with me. I try to brush it off, but it still makes me hesitate. I think about how Marcel would feel if I didn't answer him, so eventually I click the reply button.

'At a dunkin donuts on my own, alexa's sick :('

'Oh.'

'Are you ok?' he asks again. The fact he actually cares is heart-warming. I have only known this boy for 2 days and I can tell he has a huge heart.

'yeah, thanks for asking <3, just bored'

He doesn't reply again, so I take my book and open it. But my phone vibrates again.

'Would you like to hang out with us?'

Victory! I text him a quick 'ofc' and leave the cafe in a hurry. I walk to his place, it's not that far. When I get there, I knock on his door and a beautiful woman answers the door, smiling brightly.

''Hello! I'm Anne.'' she puts out her hand and I shake it.

''I'm Delilah, it's really great to meet you.''

Anne, who I assume is Marcel's mother invites me in and guides me to his room, the room I slept in two nights ago. She closes the door after I get in, and I wave at the boys who are sat shouting funny things at the screen.

''Hey boys!'' I greet and sit down next to them.

''Hello love.'' Leeroy says, not moving his eyes off the screen. Marcel doesn't say anything though, but I try to blame it on the game. Leeroy suddenly screams as the upper part of the screen turns into confetti, and I hear Marcel mutter something like 'cheeseballs'. I try to hold back my laughter.

''Oh, hi Delilah.'' he says, suddenly noticing I'm there.

I wave again and an awkward silence settles between the three of us. I was scared this might happen.

''So what would you like to do?'' Marcel asks timidly, and I can see a little smile playing on Leeroy's lips. I wonder what's so funny.

''I don't know.'' I reply. I actually have no idea at all, I barely know them or what they like doing.

''Well obviously not play video games.'' Leeroy joins. Marcel frowns and turns to him.

''Why not?''

''Because girls don't-'' I hate where this is going so I cut him off before he finishes the sentence.

''You never asked.'' I smile sheepishly, looking at both of their surprised faces.

''You like video games?'' Marcel coos. I nod.

''Really?'' Leeroy says.

''Well, it depends. Do you have something along the lines of James Bond?'' I ask and Marcel gets up and goes to his bookshelf. He pulls four cases from it, and hands them to me. James Bond, Mission Impossible, Black Monday and... Ribbitking? It's an animated game that looks very childish and cute. He notices me staring at it, flushes and snatches it from my hand.

''Oops, that wasn't supposed to be there...'' he laughs nervously, throwing it under his bed. I try to stop a smile.

''This one.'' I say and hand him the James Bond disk. ''It's my all time favorite.''

Marcel smiles fondly and pops the disk into the playstation.

Before I can think of how late it is, Alexa calls me.

''Babes? Where are you?''

''I'm at Marcel's, is everything okay?''

''Yeah, i was just wondering where you were. It's almost 9 p.m.'' I could almost see her smiling at the idea of me being at Marcel's. I look out the window and notice it's dark outside.

'' Oh yeah, I didn't notice. I'll be right there. Love ya.''

''Love ya.'' she says before I hang up.

I turn to Marcel and Leeroy who are looking at me expectantly.

''I gotta get going. It was really great hanging out with you.'' I say getting up, and Marcel does so too.

''I could drive you...? It's dark and it's not safe for you to walk home...'' he says in a rush. This boy is so sweet.

''It's close, but I wouldn't mind.'' he smiles, and my heart skips a beat at the appearance of his dimples. I hug Leeroy goodbye and wave to his mom on the way out.

Marcel opens the car door for me and I thank him before he gets in. Someday I have to thank Anne for raising such an amazing boy. He stops the car and looks at me for a moment. I almost lean in to kiss him, but mentally slap myself. Hard. How could I ever think about that?! Marcel's a nerd and he's just a friend. And probably my first time but not yet.

''Um... would you like me to walk you?'' he bites is bottom lip and the sight make me widden my eyes. Just a friend. Just a friend. Just a friend.

''Yes, thanks.''

As we walk, he brushes his hand against mine, and I don't know wether it's an accident or he wants to take my hand. Maybe it's just my tired state who's making a big deal out of Marcel having green eyes, and brown hair, and pink lips and dimples and perfect white teeth.

Stop it, Delilah. S-T-O-P it.

I catch him a few times looking at me and we get to my door. I get on my tippy-toes and put my arms around his neck. He leans down and encircles my waist. Marcel smells nice.

''I had fun beating your ass today.'' I whisper to him, and he bursts out laughing, letting go of me, and throwing his head back. I watch him fondly, I don't know why he finds it so amusing, but the way he crinkles his eyes and scrunches up his nose and opens his mouth wide makes it look adorable.

If you're not going to stop it, you shall slap yourself.

''I'm sorry, but we were playing in a team. We both beat the terrorists' asses.'' he says, a beautiful grin spreading on his face.

''Whatever.'' I poke him playfully and open the door.

''Bye.'' I say quietly.

''Bye.'' he turns around and leaves.

When I get in Alexa and Zayn are watching T.V. She gets up when she sees me and gives me a big hug.

''Heeeey.''

''Stay away from me sick person.'' I laugh and she takes a step back and looks at me up and down. ''What?'' I know exactly what she's thinking.

''Did you...'' she wiggles her body a little.

''No! Stop it, I would tell you.'' I can hear Zayn muffling a sound in the background. ''Shut up Malik!'' he laughs even harder. I roll my eyes and lean closer to Alexa. ''This is why I didn't want him to know in the first place.''

I go into my room and shut the door. After I shower and brush my teeth, I check my facebook. Nothing interesting. I shut the laptop and close my eyes. After a while, a certain pair of green eyes covered by glasses appears in my head, staying there troughout the night.