Chapter 48

"Good morning sleeping beauty. Are you feeling alright?" Marcel asks when I open my eyes, greeting me with a lazy smile. Just as I open my mouth to respond, a mild headache that soon becomes intense builds up.

"My head hurts a lot and I feel sick. Other than that, I think I'm okay." My voice is a mess and the taste in my mouth makes me even more nauseous than I already am.

"Good. I found you on the floor last night and I wasn't sure whether you passed out or just fell asleep. I carried you to bed with Alexa and Zayn but I was too drunk to think about trying to wake you up."

"It was weird though, I fell asleep all of a sudden. Like I was walking and then bam, I'm on the floor."

"I'm so relieved you're okay. Well, partly okay. My head hurts like crazy too."

I get out of bed and drag myself to the bathroom to brush my teeth and empty my body of any alcohol left. I wait for Marcel to do the same and then we go to the living room. Zayn is sitting in a bar chair, his forehead in his hand, a cigarette in his other, and his phone on the table.

"Mornin'." I say and he looks up, eyes squinting.

"Oh, hey."

Marcel pulls me on the couch next to him, but I can't take my eyes of how purely hungover Zayn looks.

"Alexa's not up yet?"

"She is. She's puking her guts out in the bathroom right about now." Zayn answers and takes a drag of his cigarette.

"You're not going to help her?" Marcel asks.

"Help her? How should I help her? Hold her hair and stuff? Dude, that stuff only happens in movies, I'm not gonna sit there and watch her barf in the toilet."

Marcel frowns but then turns his attention away from Zayn by closing his eyes. The sun is shining through the glass walls, making the room beautiful as well as annoying, because we can barely keep our eyes open as it is.

"Has anyone got any plans for today?" Marcel questions.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to the pool with Alexa. I could use a bit of fresh water and non-alcoholic cocktails. I swear I'm never drinking alcohol again."

"You always say that." Zayn says.

After Alexa finally joins us, we order room service breakfast becuase none of us are eager to go outside just yet. The boys decide to go at the Vegas Indoor Skydiving before joining us at the pool.

We meet Matt at the pool where he's already waiting for us, lying on a chaise longue. We sit down on the other two he's taken for us and order ourselves milkshakes.

"How hungover are you on a scale of 1 to 10?" he grins.

"Do we look that bad?" Alexa asks.

"No, babes, you always look good, but who the hell orders milkshakes at the pool?"

"We're really hungover." I say.

If it weren't for the loud music playing, I'd probably fall back asleep. While other people dance around the pool or jump in the water, Alexa, Matt and I sit quietly sipping our drinks. I kinda feel bad for Matt because he obviously would like to swim, but I feel too weak to swim right now.

"You wanna come clubbing with us tonight?" I ask him.

"Nah, I'm leaving early in the morning tomorrow and I don't want to risk being hungover."

"Why're you leaving already?"

"I made my boss double the salary if I worked during Spring Break so I have to be in L.A. tomorrow."