Chapter 20

*You need 'A Little Party Never Killed Nobody' by Fergie for this chapter. Play it when Delilah says it starts playing. Explicit content warning. Enjoy! x*

I put my hand on Marcel's cheek, almost getting up to kiss him, but remembering I probably already have my morning breath. One thing I'm excessively insecure about is my breath. I'm gonna wait until after I eat cake. Instead, I wrap my arms around his neck, and pull him in for a hug. Alexa comes to my bed, pushing the cake to me, and I close my eyes. What do I wish for? I could wish for anything. I could wish for happiness, I need it... Marcel puts his hand over mine, and I open my eyes and look at him. His eyes are glimmering with the reflection of the eighteen candles, and the extinguishing cake fireworks. He's so handsome. He smiles encouragingly, and that's when I know what I will wish for. I wish for Marcel to always be by my side, as a friend, or boyfriend. I close my eyes, repeat the wish a few times in my mind, and blow on the candles with force.

Alexa grins when they light up again. They're that kind of candles that aren't put out so easily. I blow five more times. There are still eleven more candles lit, and I am panting.

''Help me!'' I ask Alexa and Marcel. He puts a hand on my waist and leans closer to the cake. We all blow at once, and the candles are put out. Alexa and Zayn go to the kitchen to cut the cake, Marcel following them, leaving me to get out of my bed and get ready. I tie my hair up, so I don't have to brush it, put on a hoodie over my pajamas, rince my mouth with mouthwash, and join them.

My best friend and her boyfriend are in a deep conversation, and I see Marcel sitting alone, ignored. I rush over to him, knowing how bad he must feel. I've been in his position ever since Alexa and Zayn started dating. I sit down next to him, and everyone gathers round the table. We start eating cake, and I end up having three slices. It's my favorite cake I can't help it okay?

Zayn takes a bottle of champagne out of the freezer, and pours it into glasses. I have a drink, and when I see Marcel doesn't, I stop, looking at Alexa and Zayn getting wasted.

I start laughing at them, and a smile tugs at Marcel's lips. I nudge him, and he starts laughing too. Sometimes someone needs to tell you it's ok to do what you feel like doing.  I turn on the music to almost full volume, hoping not to wake up the neighbors and we all start dancing. And I don't even need champagne, I'm having so much fun. Just dancing around the living room.

Marcel is really clumsy and seems to have two left legs, and he's absolutely the cutest when he attempts silly dance moves. At one certain move, I collapse on the couch, laughing hysterically, and Marcel falls atop of me. Alexa and Zayn are laughing at us, I'm laughing at Marcel, and Marcel is probably laughing at me.

In a moment of craziness, I pull him by the collar of his shirt, and connect our lips, and slip my tongue inside his mouth. He tastes of cake, and that just makes me want  him more. He lifts me up still moving his tongue against mine. 'All We Got' by Fergie starts playing on whatever it is that's playing, and I look around, but Zayn and Alexa aren't here anymore.

Well, since there's no one in sight, and it's my birthday, and Marcel is hot and I'm horny as fuck... I'm gonna go with it.

I push him toward the bedroom (I'm not going to have sex on the couch again), struggling to keep our lips connected and walk on my tippy toes. His hand is on the back of my head, holding it. I stop on my tracks, breathless because of the kiss, and tired because of my tippy-toe walking. Marcel's hands move from my neck, to my back, then to my ass, and then to my thighs. He lifts me up, and I take in a sharp breath when my feet lose contact with the ground. He wraps my legs around his waist, and I hang on to his neck, feeling his hard-on against my crotch. I put my lips on his again, kissing him hungrily. It's all really funny because I'm in pajamas and the song playing is anything but sensual. And we're not drunk either, and yet we're so desperate.