Chapter 34

I don't text Marcel after he leaves, because if he wants to get mad at me over this kind of silly things than so be it. I have plenty of reasons to be mad at him and yet you don't see me complaining like a little girl.

There's always an uneasiness whenever I go to school and Alexa isn't there, but today I think it's better that she hasn't come - I have too much on my mind to put up with her and her boyfriend. I pass Marcel in the hallway, and he grabs my arm, places a kiss on my cheek and walks away without a warning.

I smile a little earning weird looks from the people in the hallways. The usual note falls from my locker when I open it, but I give my books priority as always. When I pick up the note, the word ‘usual’ is quickly erased from my head. This note is unusual. I read the words again and again with disbelief. After a while, I’m pretty sure I know them by heart.

Soo I think it's time you found out who I am. I'll be waiting in front of the gym at lunch. See ya. :)

My heart beats out of my chest at the thought of finally meeting this mysterious guy that has been on my mind more than I like to admit. The only bad part of this is there will be yet another boy in my life, or at least I think so, and Marcel will probably go nuts.

Honestly, I wish I could avoid all these little quarrels and bursts of jealousy, but saying ‘I love you’ is harder than I ever imagined, especially when the person doesn’t feel the same way about you. My plan was to let him say it first, but I just couldn’t hold it back and I kind of said it before I could think it through.

It seems like a lifetime before the lunch bell finally rings, and I run out of the class, rushing to my locker and then to the bathroom to fix whatever looks ugly on me. Just to be safe, maybe my secret admirer is hot.

I walk in the empty hallways, heading to the gym. Everyone is in the cafeteria by now and I'm really hungry too. Maybe I’ll eat with the note guy! Or maybe not. I turn the corner and get to the gym. Matt is in front of the gym, looking at his phone.

"Matt, hi! You're waiting for someone too?" I ask him, getting more excited and anxious with each second. I kind of want him to go, I want to meet this person alone. He smiles at me looking up.

"Yeah, I am."

"I'm waiting for the guy that's sending me the notes! The note I got this morning said-" I keep rambling on and on and on, and Matt keeps calling my name wanting to interrupt me. I finally stop and scowl at him. "What?"

He hesitates for a moment, like he’s about to tell me the world will end or whatnot, and I grow impatient. The note guy could be here any moment.

"Delilah, you're waiting for me. And I'm waiting for you." he says breathlessly. I smack my forehead.

"Matt, I just said I was waiting for the guy who's sending me the notes." he nods soflty and it all clicks. My jaw literally drops, and for a moment or two I forget how to breathe. That's how he knew where my locker was. That's why he was talking to Alexa. Everything makes sense.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier... I just didn't know what you'd think..." he reaches his hand to put my jaw back in its place.

“You – I…” for some reason, I exaggerate this. I don’t know why though, it’s not a very big deal.

“Do you hate me?”

I shake my head and furrow my eyebrows. This is all it took for me to be sure.

“So you do like me…” I mutter, looking at the ground. This is one big fat mess.

“Excuse me?!” his tone is so surprised it becomes really high-pitched. I look up at him questioningly.