The way things used to be

After Rin got his strength back he started walking around the academy. He wasn't going to classes anytime soon but he had no where else to go. Every Time he is near one of the exwires or by Yukio there's an awkward tension. It's been like that for a while. When they first found out he was a demon it was almost as bad as this. They would never speak more than a few sentences to each other before awkwardly walking away.

        "Rin? Can we please talk?" Shiemi's voice was soft which made Rin smile just a little. "I-I was wondering how you were feeling and if you would like to hang out with us. I just want things like they used to be. We would gather around the fountain and have a lot of fun y'know?" Rin thought about it before nodding and heading back to his dorm. He saw Yukio in his desk going through every textbook he has mumbling to himself. "Awe your still trying to make things better aren't you? You don't need to because everything is fine." Rin said ruffling his little brothers hair. Yukio didn't listen he just kept working making Rin sigh going to bed.

The next day Rin tried talking to Yukio at breakfast. Still the awkward silence. He's been here for two weeks and everything is still so weird. "So Yukio anything good happen while is was gone?" "......" " I know a lot of girls like you, did you ask any out?" "......" all I get from him is nothing. I thought he wanted to make things right and ignoring me isn't a great start. I just started eating, I don't know how long I'll be able to keep this up.

        Rin decided he wanted to go to just a few classes so he isn't bored all day. He's not sure if he wants to become an exorcist anymore but it wouldn't hurt to try again. Rin started studying and actually doing his work. It was a little weird but it made him a little confident every time he got an A on his tests. Maybe things will go back to the way it used to over time. After class he would meet up with the other exwires by the fountain. They had some good moments here and there and other times were just awkward. Rin started asking about what Yukio was planning but they had no idea. Rin was okay with his friends but the way his brother has been acting lately isn't what he expected or hoped for. Rin thought the least Yukio could do is try to start a conversation with him instead of ignoring him. But I guess it's better than nothing.