Chapter 44:Tracking

(Jayden's POV)

I cover my mouth and try to stop from crying. I noticed my whole body felt numb and I wasn't able to speak. His voice never changed, it still sounded the same. The other line was silent but you could hear faint sobs. I shake my head and I try to breath before I'm ready to speak.

"Appa . . . " I start. "Why haven't you come home yet?" I finish.

"I already am." I hear that voice call out to me again.

He repeated his words again to make sure I was listening. I grip the phone and look down. I look up to face Roman and nod my head. I breath deeply and can feel tears fall from my eyes without noticing. I hear the call end and I pull it away from my ear. The call was disconnected.

I call again and I hear it ring. It stopped and it got disconnected once again. Just when I felt we made progress it was destroyed down. We try to call the number again but it later didn't exist. I throw the phone onto the table and cover my face.

We hear a call coming in from Serg.

"What happened? Everything's gone!" He claims as Roman puts him on speaker.

Someone was blocking us from meeting them. Any of them. Therefore it won't work if we were to contact them individually. We had to track down the person who is behind all of this. Covering up his tracing so easily and carefully.

"Seems like we have to start from base one again." Roman claims as he pinched the bridge of his nose looking more frustrated.

"No, we have to start by tracking the person who's behind this all if we're going to make any progress." I know this from watching crime TV and also computer class.

"Then we'll start by tracking him down into a corner." Kiel says as he takes out his phone and calls someone.

I didn't know who but not many people know what's going on other then the people part of these family.

"And we will start where?" I ask.

"We'll start by tracking that phone and if not we'll go through every server of phone signals." Kiel says as he walks outside the room to talk to whoever was on the other side of the phone.

"This will be the last try. If so we can't find them, we will declare them dead." Roman says coldly.

"You can't! I heard his voice he's not dead! He was crying!" I protest back knowing I was the right one.

"It could have been someone else posing as him."

He was right. However I know his voice, I know how he sounds like. I can't just forget how, could I? But Saffe's dad sounds more dead then mine. We haven't found much behind him or others.

I try to piece together what might this be but my brain is so unfocused. I couldn't think straight or even remember anything. Now everything seems like a lie. There doing this on purpose.

"Jayden, are you okay?" Roman asked shaking me.

I nod and look down. I hug myself and I breath steadily. I couldn't manage anymore. I give up . . . for now . . .

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Hey Jayden, when was the last time Roman came?" Danny asked playing my PS3.

I look over at him and he's there talking to me while playing his game.

"Almost a year, I told him if he tracked the person we're looking for he can come talk to me." I say looking at my phone scrolling over my contacts.

It took him that long to find something so simple.

"Oh, I remember. You seen my pet turtle right?" Danny says as he pauses the game to show me a picture.

I roll my eyes with a smile. He started to get obsessed with that turtle. The same as how May got obsessed with Sunny. It's been long since I've seen her actually.

"Yes Danny. You couldn't stop talking about it this whole morning." I say as I walk over to sit next to him.

He has a whole album of this thing. I never took any photos of Lurish, but she's usually outside and only comes in when she's hungry.

"Seems nice." I say going through the photos of his turtle.

He looks back at the game and was frustrated to beat what level he was on. I laugh as he lost and I can see his cheeks turn red.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~