E I G H T E E N

Your eyes shot open. It seemed dark, but you could still see your surroundings pretty clearly. And it seems your in your room. On the surface.

You sat up and hissed in pain, clenching your hand and feeling something wrapped around it while the other hand clenched your chest. You turned to where your hand was and stared at it with wide eyes.

Your hand was wedged between sans's hands, his head resting on the edge of the bed  and the slow rise and fall of his body signaled that he was sleeping. He was suprisingly quiet. Well, quieter from his usual snores.

You smiled at the sleeping sans and held his hand tightly in yours. You looked down at your chest where the throbbing pain was. Your chest was wrapped with bandages which were stained with dry blood. But the thing is, you didn't have a shirt on. Your stomach was exposed and the only thing covering your upper body was the bandages and sans's jacket.

Wait

sans's jacket? You examined it and it was no doubt that the jacket was his. The familiar scent of ketchup lingered in your nose. You thought for a while and a horrific realisation came to you.

"D-did sans see me with my shirt off?!" You whisper shouted to yourself. You could feel sans groan at your side. You looked at him and heaved a sigh of relief that he was still asleep. The fact that sans might have seen you with your shirt off made you feel embarrassed. Pulling his jacket closer to you, covering up your exposed body while blushing a bright red.

You wanted to zip the jacket up but in order to do that, you needed both your hands. You looked over to sans and very slowly tried to pull your hand out of his. You lifted one of his hands with yours.

"(y-y/n)" sans asked groggily, his eyesockets were half open and eyebags wedged under his eyes. Which was questionable since he was a skeleton and all. He looked at your hand which was holding his in mid air. You looked at it and then back at him. "I-I can explai-" you tried to speak but your words were interupted by a pair of boney arms wrapping itself around you.

You froze in your place. The sudden hug from sans was the last thing you expected for him to do. And the hug hurt. He squeezed you tightly, his chest against yours, which pressed against your damaged parts and hurt like hell. But did you care? No. He had his head resting on your shoulder and you felt something slowly soaking the jacket and bandages wrapped around you.

You slowly broke away from your trance and hugged him back. Wrapping your hands around his body as he did with yours. "i'm so sorry, i'm so sorry" sans kept repeating as he burried his face into your shoulder, sobbing. You felt guilt build up in your stomach. He doesn't know what's going on. Does he? "It's not your fault sans." You tried to comfort him but all that did was made him hold on tighter. At least he stopped apologizing.

After what felt like ages, you both slowly pulled away from the embrace. sans held your hands in his as you stared at his tear stained face. You wiped away the tears with your hand and gave him a reassuring smile. Which sans just ignored in return.

He looked away, avoiding any sort of eye contact. "Sans I-" "i thought you were dead" sans bluntly said. A moment of silence was shared between you two. The guilt you had was increasing.

"How long was I-" "a month" sans answered before you could finish your question. You straightened up at that. A month. 4 weeks. 30 days. And during that time, they must've thought you were dead. And sans must've thought he had killed you. The guilt grew even more. You lowered your head in shame.

"I'm sorry" you apologized. sans frowned "hey" he called out. He slid his boney hand under your chin and lifted your head. Making your eyes meet his. You blushed at how close you two were. Just a few inches away to a kiss. Wait...what? No. Now is not the time.
"don't apologize" he ordered strictly, staring into your eyes. "Sorry" you apologized. He furrowed his non-existent eyebrows at you. "don't... apologize" he ordered again. Adding a pause between each word. "Sor-mmph" you felt sans's boney hand cover your mouth, refraining you from talking. "Don't" he said, calmly and you nodded with a muffled 'mmhmm'.

Your room door slowly creaked open and you two turned to whomever opened the door. "SANS, YOU HAVE GOT TO- (Y/N)?" Papyrus stopped mid sentence when he saw you looking at him, with sans's hand still covering your mouth. You lifted your hand and waved at him. "Mmph- phh" you tried to greet him with a simple hello but sans's hand refrained you from talking clearly.

"oh hey bro, look who finally woke up" he pointed out, greeting Papyrus in the process. Papyrus slowly entered the room. "I-IS IT REALLY YOU?" Papyrus asked as he slowly approached you. You nodded and shrugged. "Mph mmph phe" your muffled voice said. sans chuckled at you and you frowned at him, moving his hand away from your mouth. "I think so" you said, repeating what you meant to say.

Papyrus spread his hands out and wrapped them around you and sans, hugging both of you tightly. "I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE OKAY!" He shouted happily. You tried to avoid hissing or groaning in pain. His hug was tighter than sans's. And much more painful.

Papyrus let go of the two of you and rushed out of the room. "I MUST TELL THE OTHERS!" he shouted as he ran out of the room, holding his phone high in the air. You could hear Papyrus on the phone shouting from downstairs.

"...oww" you groaned as you rubbed your shoulder. Sans and you shared a chuckle before you two fell back to the awkward silence.

"welp, you should get ready. i'm sure we will be expecting guests soon. Your clothes are on the chair." He finally said, breaking the silence as he  pointed at the chair before he turned to walk away.

"Wait!" You called for him and he obeyed just before he closed the room door, turning to look at you with a 'hmm'. You rubbed the back of your head awkwardly. "Um...this may sound weird but...Do you maybe know someone by the name of 'W.D Gaster'?" you asked and he stared at you with wide eyesockets. "w.d gaster?" He repeated. "never heard of him" he shrugged. "why do you ask?". You looked away. "Uhh, nevermind. Forget I asked" you answered.

"if you say so" he said, turning around and closing the door behind him. You looked at the clothes which were hung on the back rest of the chair and sighed, getting up to change before company gets here.

--------------
EXAMS ARE OVER! CELEBRATORY CAKE!

NOM

NOM

NOM

Nom

Nom

nom

Yeap.

Im fat :I