T W E N T Y T H R E E

You stared at the word which glowed a bright orange. Your hand reached closer. With each inch closer, the light grew brighter. Would this really work? What if it does? Are you willing to give everything up? You stopped your hand inches away from the button and hesitatingly pulled your hand back. You swore you could hear that ghost girl scoff impatiently.

Noticing that there was another choice located next to the 'RESET'. And it read 'CONTINUE'. You stared at it. "What would happen if I chose to continue?" You asked and she laughed. "You will stay in this hell hole you're living in" she simply said.

Your eyes widened at her response. And then you began to question. Was it that bad? Would you really risk everything you have now? You closed your eyes and thought it through. Asking yourself questions leading to your choice.

Timelines...

Choices...

Parasites...

"Chara...is that your name? You're the one who's been feeding on my determination." You pointed out as you started putting the puzzle pieces together. You turned around. To see her smiling at you, a smile wider than what she previously had on. "It took you longer than expected." She said, avoiding eye contact.

"I know what you're doing." You claimed. To think you almost chose to reset the timeline. And give her a chance to win. You turned your back against her and stared at the choices.

"What are you doing?" Chara asked as you moved closer to the 'CONTINUE' button. Raising your hand towards it, you gasped at what happened. Nothing. Nothing happened. You took a step back and stared at it with confusion. Only for Chara to get a good laugh out of it.

"You're weak" she stated. "I have taken enough determination from you" She took a step closer to you, playing with something in her hands. Which was unnerving. Where did she get that knife?

You backed away from her.
"Enough to succumb yours." She said, pointing the knife at you. Step by step, you tried to get away. Until you couldn't feel any ground under your feet. You forgot your still on the edge of Mt. Ebott.

Stumbling back, turning to stare at the drop you almost took. You leaned forward to prevent yourself from falling. Forcing you to look at Chara, who was approaching you. With a knife. Can you die from a ghost? Probably. But you're not going to take any chances.

As she approached you with that grin, the blade inching closer. Bringing your possible death sooner, your life began to flash before your eyes. And you feel something taking over. You feel...determined.

Chara seemed to realise the sudden change as well. Stopping in her tracks and her smile drooping a little.

"wHAt tHe..." she cursed under her breath. Her voice becoming more and more disoriented. Her image began to start switching from herself to something demonic. Her eyed and mouth oozed a black liquid.

Needless to say, you were terrified. But you still stayed determined. Standing your ground, you stared at the demon as it slowly started to disappear.

"I WiLl reTurN. nONe oF tHeM ARe SAfe" Chara said before she vanished in a sudden flash of light and loud thunder.

You sighed as a large blanket of water drenched you from head to toe. You summoned your soul out and inspected it. And as you expected, Chara was still there. What she said made you a little paranoid.

'None of them are safe'

You began to shiver in the rain. Returning your soul back into your chest, you began your long walk home.

You slid down the side of the mountain. It wasn't that steep and the mud which the rain was creating helped you slide down easier. Although, the downside was you'd get muddy.