Chapter 20: Back Again

Aqua:

I watched as tears ran down Diana’s face, her body raking with sobs. “No!!” She threw herself at me, crying uncontrollable “Leave.” I growled at the doctors and nurses. They rushed out, leaving the only sound to be Diana’s sniffles and hiccups. I gripped her closer, and buried my face in her shoulder. I let tears fall and held back a sob. She climbed into my lap, cupping my face with her small, delicate hands.

‘Why? Why did she need to take Ebony? That’s was our child. Our little girl.” She whispered; she wiped tears from cheek. “Let’s go find out.” I kissed her before pushing her against the bed.

“Sleep. She will only hide if she’s done something wrong.” I wrapped us in the blanket, hugging her close.

I could feel myself floating but something was wrong, this was outside of Stellar Celestia’s domain. I forced my eyes open, searching for the door. It was there but black and unopened. She didn’t want us coming. I flew over to it and gripped the door knob before snatching my hand back as it burned my hand. “Damnit!!” I hissed, at this point, only Diana could get in at this point.

I closed my eyes, letting myself wake up.

--

I sat up, and looked over to Diana. She was still asleep, her power focused in her crystal. She was in Stellar Celestia’s domain but how come I wasn’t able to enter? I climbed out of the bed and walked over to the sink. I pulled a cup from the stack. “Diana, I hope you’re alright.” I glanced back as I filled the paper cup.

--------------------

Diana:

I sat in a glass ball, floating. “You couldn’t stay away?” Stellar Celestia glared at me. “No, no I couldn’t! The payment is way too high! A life is something to give up so easily!!” I screamed and slammed my hand against the glass. “For you, it was the perfect price. I help you so much along the way and never charge you. That is not how it usually works. Don’t worry, you’ll see her again.” Stellar Celestia waved her hand and my vision went black.

--

I panted, slowly sitting up. “Babe, are you okay?” Aqua held a cup of water out me. “No, I’m not. She’s taken Ebony for good as payment for all of the favors I’ve taken.” I snatch the cup and chugged it. “There is nothing we can do…” Aqua’s voice was quiet. I froze, the thought sinking in. I was pissed, but it faded into sadness. “Yeah.” I choked out; the tears fell out without permission.

“We can always try again.” He gave me a weak smile. I nodded “Yeah, we can.”

You’ll see her again. Stellar Celestia’s words rang through my head, I should tell him. But it probably isn’t true so I’ll keep it to myself.

“Diana!!!” Shireen and Helen ran in, their arms wrapped around me. “Are you okay?” they asked in union. “I’m fine. Right now, we have-.”

The windows behind us shattered, two figures stood in the window still. “Princess Diana, right?” the woman’s hoarse voice matched her appearance. Her straight long back hair, her black eyes with red pupils and the torn black wings coming from her back. “Of course she is! Look at the markings on her forehead!!” My eyes widened at the woman next to her. Isabella.

Her light pink hair had become wavier and she seemed more confident than the last time I saw her, which was a good while ago. “What?” I mumbled. “Oh, I see em’. Pleasure to meet you. Name’s Serpent” She held her hand out to me and I took it. “Um, hi.” I gave her a awkward smile, my eyes going right back to Isabella. Her wings were black and her eyes were black with bright blue pupils. They both had black lines under their eyes. Isabella had matching markings as me but Serpent had a black outline of an oval on her forehead.

“How are you…?” I trailed off, pointing at Isabella. “It’s a long story that’ll tell you later!” She hugged me tightly “I’m sorry about how I treated you before. I was jealous of you but now…” she whispered, glancing at Serpent with a sweet smile. “Ooohh!” I gasped out. She was in love with Serpent, who I’m guessing is a demon.

“Shush!” She clamped my mouth shut with her hand when everyone stared. “I need to talk to you, it’s really important!” she nodded towards the door. “Alright, let’s go. Aqua, I need to talk to Isabella for a bit. You’re in charge of any wedding planning.” We walked out, Serpent right on our trail. “Let’s go to my room!” I lead down the hallway, to the elevator. “Cara!!!” I called out. I could hear loud footsteps coming from opposite direction

“Yeah?” Cara stood in front of me, worry on her face.

“Can you prepare some snacks for us?” I smiled, trying to be sweet.

“ugh, yeah. Lots of chocolate right?” She pointed at me, already knowing the answer.

“Yeah!”

----

“So, are you going to tell me the story or what?” I munched the warm brownie. “Well, duh. I said I would!” Isabella shoved a sugar cookie into her mouth, Serpent was just drinking hot chocolate since lord knows no one is allowed to drink nasty ol’ coffee around me. “You know how Aqua, you know, killed me? Well, when we were dating” she made air quotes on the word dating. “I used Serpent to make the dating happen, I sold my soul to her without thinking about the consequences. When I did, her end of the deal was never retrieved so when I left you, she snagged my what was left of my soul. As you grew stronger, I was able to become a full-fledged being but now I’m officially considered a fallen angel because of our deal. And that’s fine with me, I actually feel happier having so much stress about being the messiah.”

“I don’t know how you do it, so much weight placed on your shoulder about becoming Queen and ruling the entire world!” Isabella continued to eat more sugar cookies.

I don’t know how I do it either. I admitted to myself.

“About why we’re here… We need your help.” Isabella caught my eyes.

“Huh?”