BONUS: Flashback

Aqua:

I stared at my student, Diana, doodle the entire class period. How she made it pass algebra functions boggles my mind. The good part was she was always the first in class and last person to leave so I could admire her without notice. She was stuffing her sketchbook into her bag, which I was about to take away.

“Diana, hand me it.” I held out my hand to her.

“What…?” she asked. I already knew if it was anything else, even her cell phone or ipod, she would have handed it over. But god forbid the sketchbooks.

“Now.” I groaned. “But…” she hesitated before slowly giving to me. She looked upset and glared at me. I’ll give you it back next class.”

She pouted, I could feel myself blush at how cute she was. “Mr. Tenjo, please. I need my sketchbook.” she mumbled. I also should mention she isn’t one to talk back.

“Stay after then. I’ll catch you up since group work obviously isn’t for you.”

The smile she gave me was perfect. It left me floating for days.

“I will!” she snatched it from my hands before running out.

--

Diana walked into my room, smiling and happy. “Hi, Mr. Tenjo!” she sat in the desk next to me, leaning over to me. “I need help on these problems.” She pointed to the homework sheet in front of me; her head practically resting on my shoulder. “Alright, here. This is how I solve it.” I placed my arm on the back of her chair.

Deep into our mini lesson, I slowly managed to wrap my arm around her shoulder.

From an outer view, we look like a couple and that made me happy.

I looked down at her hand, where a small cheap ring took her ring finger. “Is that from your boyfriend?” I pointed at it, my voice low.

“Huh, oh yeah. It’s really cheap but it’s the thought that counts, right?” she smiled. “You know, lately he’s been kinda of avoiding me. He thinks I’m cheating when I’m not. What’s ever is, he think I’m with you!!” she giggled.

“Hmm.” I stared at her and caught her gaze; I quickly snatched the ring from off her finger. She never noticed until the next class where she asked me if I’d seen it, of course I said no.

I threw that cheap ring into a river.

I blinked, looking around my office. I feel asleep while working again. “At least I had a nice dream.” I sighed, leaning back in my chair.

“Aqua!” Diana peeked her head from the doorway. “Hi, honey! How’s the work?” She skipped over to me, her fluffy white dress bouncing with her movement.

“It’s good, are you done for the day?”

“Yep, Samantha helped me out a lot!” She sat on my desk beside me, her hand in her lap. My eyes went to her gold wedding ring with diamonds bejeweling it. I smiled, knowing I gave her something worth her beauty.

“Hey, did you ever find you ex-boyfriend’s ring?” she looked surprised at the question.

“In a way. I saw a jealous math teacher throw it into a river.” She giggled.

I coughed a little “Oh god.” I covered my face “You saw that???”

“Yeah, my friends and I went on a walk near that nature trail. When I saw you throw it, I knew it was mine but told my friends one of the dogs I walked buried it. Didn’t think you would be jealous of an ugly, cheap ring?” she snorted with laughter.

“It was the thought that counts, babe.”

----

Adorbs babies, they are so perf together~