One Accident Changes Things

*Sarabeth's POV*

     I was sitting in a chair next to Aliria's cot in the hospital wing, with my leg propped up. Madam Pomfrey had told everyone that Al had hit her head very hard, and that there could be memory loss or brain damage. I prayed that she wouldn't forget me. I had been there for a few hours when I finally saw her move her head a little bit to the side. "Aliria? Hey, Al are you awake?" I asked, gently prodding her shoulder. Her eyes fluttered open. "Beth? Ow. My head hurts." I sighed thankfully, glad that she knew who I was. "Hey! How are you feeling?" I questioned her. She rubbed her temples. "Not so well. I feel like I got run over by a bus. But what happened to your leg?" I shifted in my seat. "I just messed it up a little it. But Al? Uhm, I don't know exactly how to say this...but Madam Pomfrey said that you could have suffered memory loss. So is there anything that you can't remember? Well I guess you wouldn't be able to tell me since you wouldn't remember it." She laughed quietly, but I could see her fiddling with her fingers. "Well..I don't think there's anything that I can't remember? I remember Hogwarts and my past, and I remember you. So I'm pretty sure that I'm fine." I sighed relieved.

     "So you remember Hugo?" She nodded so I continued, "Well..I sort of kissed him earlier..." I trailed off. She started freaking out, "Oh my god I can't believe it! Ahh I'm so happy for you!" I smiled. "So what's going on with you and Teddy? You should have seen him when you got hurt! He was crying and he wouldn't leave your side!" Aliria's face dropped. "Oh no." She whispered. "What is it?" I asked confused by her sudden change of mood. "Sarabeth. I don't remember anyone named Teddy." She said with worry. My mouth dropped open, and I put my head in my hands. I got up on my crutches, and walked over to Madam Pomfrey's office on the other side of the Hospital Wing. She as sitting down, looking at some papers. She looked up at me and said, "Is there something you need dear?" I moved closer, "Aliria is awake. And she remembers everything, except one of her best friends."

     Immediately, Madam Pomfrey rushed over to Aliria and started doing tests, and she called in McGonagull. I waited right outside the hospital wing, watching McGonagull and Madam Pomfrey talking. I heard footsteps behind me so I turned around, and Teddy and Hugo were walking over to me. When Teddy saw that Aliria was awake, he was about to run over to her, but I pulled him back. "Teddy! Wait. Um, there's something that I need to tell you.." I trailed off, wondering how to say this. Teddy looked at me with worry, "What? Is Aliria okay? Is she seriously hurt?" I shook my head and he seemed to relax. My eyes started watering. Teddy grabbed my hand and asked me, "Beth, what's wrong?" I sighed. "Al is fine. She remembers everything. Except, you Teddy. Aliria doesn't remember who you are." I saw the realization sink into Teddy's eyes. He pulled his hand away and then slowly backed away. "Teddy. I'm sorry." I said quietly. He turned around and ran. "Hugo stay here and make sure I find out if anything important happens with Aliria." Hugo nodded and I ran after Teddy. I followed him. Once we were alone in a random hallway, he stopped running. Teddy dropped down on the ground and laid his head against the wall behind him. I could hear him breathing heavily. He had his hands on his head. I walked slowly over to him. "Teddy?" I whispered. He didn't respond but I could tell he knew that I was there. I sat down right beside him. "Why am I, the only one that she forget? Why me?" He said. My heart seemed to break at how sad he was. "Why not that James dick that hurt her?" I sighed. "Look Teddy. I don't know why it's only you she forgot. But that just means that you are going to have to win her heart again. If you really care about her, then you will try your hardest." I pulled myself up and said, " Now I'm going to go check on Aliria. Do you want to come?" Teddy shook his head. "For right now, I'm just going to sit here. But don't worry, I'm not giving up on Aliria." I smiled.