21.) Answers

~Creston's POV~

After my brother and I finally finished our little reunion session, we joined the rest of his friends in the living room; where they were all sitting on the small couch making quiet chit chat.

"Creston!" Camila squeals as she stands up from her spot on the couch to come over and give me and greet me. "It's been forever since I've last seen you." She pointed out as she gave me a warm hug.

Joe and Camila have been dating for a few years now and from the second we meet each other, there was an instant bond. She was like a sister to me and was always there for me whenever I needed her. She has one of those really trusting personalities that you find it easy to open up to her and just spill every detail of your life to her.

That's probably why my brother has stayed with her for such a long time. When he was in high school he was a bit of a player, to say the least. In part, it was mostly because whenever he'd date a girl and then introduce them to me, if I didn't like her or if I gave off the slightest impression that she made me feel uncomfortable, he would dump her almost immediately.

I felt guilty most of the times, and eventually just stopped meeting his girlfriends because I didn't want to be the reason that one of them got their hearts broken.

But, the fact that Camila and I bonded almost instantly, probably made Joe stay with her and do everything in his power to get her to stay with him.

Luckily for him, Camila fell head over heels for him the instant she laid eyes on him. So, needless to say, they're the paragon of a perfect couple.

Camila and I released each other and I joined her on the couch; sandwiched between her and Joe.

Kiyana, who I've only meet once, prior to today and Anthony were sitting on the love seat adjacent to the couch that the rest of us were seated on.

Joe and Anthony have been friends ever since middle school, so I've known him for years. He's also like a brother to me.

Joe tends to not keep anyone around who he suspects to have a problem with me. He's, what you would call, overprotective when it comes to me.

He basically tries to shield all of the bad stuff out of my life, so that I don't have to deal with it. If I ever have a problem with anything, he deals with it almost immediately.

Which is why I never told him about my ex-boyfriend until he saw the bruises on me one day.

That's probably why he has been so close to Anthony for all these years.

Anthony, or Ant as I like to call him. He hates the name but I say it just to piss him off. He's like a second brother to me. If Joe wasn't around to talk to, then Anthony would be right behind him.

Or, at least behind Camila anyway.

"What happened? I thought you said that you would be at Cherry Hill." Joe asked, confused since he didn't know about all of the tragic events that happened in the past couple of days.

I didn't really know how to tell all of them that possibly everyone that we knew was dead. So, instead, I decided to just avoid that topic altogether. "We were relocated," I stated blandly.

It wasn't a complete lie since I was relocated to Greenwood. But, unfortunately for me, Joe always knew whether or not I was keeping something from him; and he gave me the "we'll talk later" look.

"Crest, you here all by yourself?" Anthony asked.

"Technically." I answer back and Anthony tilts his head to the side in confusion "The people who were in the truck are my friends and they needed to create a diversion to distract the infected so that you guys wouldn't get killed." I explain and the room goes silent for a second.