03

~Chara's POV~

Toriel and I walked into the living room and I sat in a chair across the table from Asriel. Toriel set the pie down and went back to get plates and utensils. Once she returned, Toriel cut the pie into two small pieces and put a separate piece on a different plate, then handed one plate to Asriel then one to me.

I set the plate on the table and took a bit. It was a little crunchy, and I couldn't really taste anything, but it wasn't revolting. I looked up from my slice to see everyone looking at me. "What?" I asked, my mouth still full.

"How do you like it?" Asriel asked, once he swallowed.

"Well, it's ok, I guess. I could probably eat it again."

Toriel smiled. "Wonderful. I'll be doing the dishes if you need me, ok children?" We both nodded and Toriel walked back to the kitchen.

I took about two more bits and started to feel hot. I could feel sweat running down my face, and I wasn't sure why, but I just ignored it. Asriel was able to notice it though.

"Are you hot, Chara?" He asked. "Cause I could open a window, if you'd like."

I shook my head. "I'm fine, really, but thanks anyways."

He nodded, but still looked at little worried as he finished his slice.

After about three more bites, it was getting a little hard for me to breathe, so I slowed down on chewing and swallowing, but it wasn't helping. I began to worry, but still continued to eat. I took one more bite and when I swallowed, dropped my fork on the table, the metal clinking onto the wood. Asriel looked worried and I brought my hands to my neck, wrapping them around it.

Asriel stood up. "Are you choking?" He asked, a little scared. I shook my head and started shaking.

Asriel turned back to the kitchen. "Mom!" He yelled. "Somethings wrong with Chara!"

Toriel came running out of the kitchen and took one looked at me and an even more worried look spread across her face, making me think I looked pretty bad.

I opened my mouth and tried to take deep breaths, but I could barely get air in. I shook even more, scared as to what was happening.

Toriel ran over to my left side and placed a hand on my forehead, then took it back off. "She must be having an allergic reaction to something from the pie." Toriel concluded. She looked back at Asriel. "Look after her for a minute, I'm gonna look for some medicine."

Asriel nodded and ran to my right side. He looked at me with fear and worry and I grew even more conserned for myself. I was weezing and coughing, trying to breathe regularly, but nothing was working.

Was I gonna die?

-----

~Asriel's POV~

Chara seemed to be getting worse by the second. Her face was red, her neck looked at little swollen and she looked like she was about to start crying. I was getting really scared, and I didn't know what to do. Nobody in my family had any allergies, or any that we knew of, so what was I supposed to do?!

"Mom!" I yelled, looking back at the kitchen. "Chara's not looking any better!"

"Hold on Asriel!" She yelled back. "I'm looking as fast as I can!"

I looked from Chara to the kitchen entrance. Chara was now crying and she looked scared to death. I stopped looking back and forth and just looked at Chara.

"Hold on." I told her, picking her up and held her like you would a young child or baby. Chara gripped my sweater with a death grip. She must be in so much pain, cause she was also crying silently into my shoulder.