11

~ Chara's POV ~

I gasped as everyone jumped out and looked around. There was a banner above Mom and Dad that said 'Happy Birthday Chara' with some small doodles of yellow flowers around the words. There was a vase of buttercups in it, giving the room a nice scent. I was speechless.

Asriel's grin grew. "Here," He said, walking over to me with a gift in his hands. One rectangular box and another box on top of the first one about the size of my palm. "Me and Dad got the bottom gift and I got you the top one myself."

My mouth was ever so slightly ajar from shock, but I closed it and set the smaller gift on the floor, not moving from my spot near the center of the room. I felt everyone's eyes look at me while I was opening the bigger gift Asriel gave me. I took off the lid after removing the wrapping paper and looked inside. There were a bunch of buttercups, about 20 maybe, and a Mason jar with a lot of beads in multiple colors. I looked back up at Asriel, feeling some tears near the edge of my eyes.

"Do you like it?" Asriel asked. "Dad and I went out this morning and got them for you, so they're still pretty fresh." I looked up at my new mother and father and their grins grew as well when we all made eye contact. "Open the other one!" Asriel said, making me look at him. He looked even more excited about me opening this one, and I chuckled.

"Ok, ok, I am," I said, careful since my voice about cracked from my tears. I didn't want to cry, even though this was all so sweet.

I bent down and picked up the small box and opened it, covering my mouth from shock.

"Do you like it?" Asriel asked, but I was to busy admiring the gift to see his expression.

It was a golden locket in the shape of a heart. I took it out of the box and slowly opened the necklace, just to see nothing inside.

"I was waiting till today," Asriel explained, "Then I would have Mom and Dad take a picture of us, so you could put it in there."

I lowered my hand from my mouth and started crying while smiling.

"What's wrong my child?" Toriel asked with worry.

I sniffled. "I-I haven't had a p-party in years." I looked down at the locket still in my hands. "Let alone had such a great gift."

I walked closer and gave Asriel a hug, him hugging back immediately. I silently cried tears of joy in his shoulder while he rubbed my back.

"Thanks Azzy," I whispered in his ear, low enough so Mom and Dad couldn't hear. "I love you."

He chuckled. "I love you too."

We stood like that a little longer, until a pair of big paws pulled us apart playfully.

"Now, now," Dad said, "we still have a pie that needs to be eaten."

I chuckled. "Alright!" I pumped a fist in the air and went to sit at the table, Asriel to my right and Mom and Dad in front of us. We ate and talked and joked for a long time, until Asriel looked at me.

"Should we . . . ya know?" He asked me.

I tilted my head. "What?" I asked.

He grabbed my right hand under the table and I then remember. I said a quiet, "ah ha," and nodded, looking back at Mom and Dad. They looked confused.

"What are we missing?" Mom asked.

Asriel swallowed then told them. "Chara and I started dating."

They were both shocked. I looked down to my left, my hair covering my right eye, which had healed just the other night, so the wrap was removed.

"Your . . . what?" Mom asked. I could tell she was confused.

"Chara and I are dating," Asriel repeated. "We started about a day ago, while you and Dad were out."

I looked up slightly, letting some hair move away from my eye. "A . . . are you ok with it?" I asked quietly, but loud enough for them to hear. I wouldn't want to keep dating Asriel in secret from his own parents, especially if they said no.

Mom and Dad looked at each other. I looked back down at the floor, squeezing Asriel's hand and he squeezed back. I do love Asriel, but I would stop dating him if his - no, our - parents said no.

"Asriel," Mom said, "Chara." We both looked at them, still holding hands under the table.

"Were glad you told us this," Dad said with a smile.

"And, well, your technically not siblings," Mom added, "so, it's alright with us."

-----

~ Asriel's POV ~

I was suprised. "R-really?" I asked, just to make sure. Mom and Dad nodded.

"We want you to be happy," Dad started, "and if that means you two being together in a relationship, then we're ok with it."

I smiled super big and leaned over, giving Chara a hug, making her chuckle from suprise. I was so happy!

Mom giggled. "Here," she said, holding a camera in her hands. "Why don't we take that picture for Chara's new locket?"

I got up and nodded. "Alright!"

Chara and I walked over under the banner, so we could get it in the shot. Mom said to, "Strike any pose", so Chara and I hugged while looking at each other. I wrapped my arms around her waist and her's were around my neck. I leaned down a little, so our foreheads were touching and Chara was smiling up at me. I saw the flash out of the corner of my eye and Mom said we could move.

She then gave Chara a smaller version of the picture - which I'm not sure how she was able to get it like that - and she placed in the locket, looking at it with a smile.

"Here," I said, slowly closing it and taking it from her. I walked behind her and placed it around her neck. I walked back in front of her and the locket rested right above her clevedge. "It looks great on you!" I said.

Chara looked down and held it in her hands. "How did you even get this?" She asked, looking up at me.

I shrugged. "I have my ways." Chara giggled.

"Hey," I started, "why don't we head over to Snowdin?"

Chara looked at me a little confused. "That place with all the snow?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, that place."

"Well," Mom intergected, "you guys can go in the morning. Right now, we should all get some sleep."

Chara nodded and yawned. "Sounds like a plan."

We both started back to our room and jumped in bed. I had some friends over in Snowdin that I was really hoping to introduce to Chara, but that can wait till tomorrow, I guess.