07

~ Asriel's POV ~

I woke up the next morning, hearing myself yawn, but there was another yawn. I didn't pay much attention to it, until I saw Chara. She was . . . laying on my stomach while I was underneath her. We both opened our eyes at the same time and both gasped. I could feel my face heat up.

"H-Howdy?" I said questioningly, still embarrassed.

Chara giggled. "M-Morning Azzy." We stayed like that a little longer until we both laughed. "You should see your face, Asriel!" Chara said in between laughs.

"You should take a peek at your own!" I added.

Chara smiled and sat up straight on my stomach, making us both blush even more. She jumped off the bed and I followed in suit. We kind of stood there for a minute, until Mom came through the door. Thank goodness - the silence was getting really awkward.

"Hello my children." Mom greeted us with a smile. She took one look at us and giggled. "Did I miss something?"

"What makes you think that?" I asked back.

"Your both flustered."  Chara and I looked at each other and laughed again, making Mom laugh as well. "I made some food for you," she said. "It's in the fridge, so all you have to do is heat it up if your hungry. I have to head out again."

"Again?" Chara asked when we both looked back at Mom. She sounded dissapointed. "You've been leaving a lot lately."

Mom nodded. "I know, my child, and I hate leaving you two alone. But you seem to keep each other company, so it should be fine."

Mom walked in the room and gave me a kiss on the head and walked over and did the same to Chara. "I will return later tonight children." Mom informed us. We gave her a hug and Mom left our room.

I looked at Chara and she looked at me, our faces now their normal colors and us both smiling. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She asked.

"Flower patch!" I said with my fists pumped in the air. Chara giggled and did the same.

"Flower patch!" She repeated, giggling.

We walking out of the house chanting that, looking like goofballs to Mom, but she didn't mind at all - she was used to my random humor anyways.

Once in the Ruins and at the flowers, we both fell on them, facing opposite directions. Chara's right ear was near my left one and we stayed like that.

"I love how quiet it is here." She then said, breaking the silence.

I nodded. "Yeah, it's great."

Chara sighed. "You don't . . . feel weird around me now, do you?" She asked, turning her head to look at me. I looked back at her.

"N-No, why would I?" I asked.

"Well, just . . . my back story I told you last night." Chara looked back up at the opening in the ceiling. "I've never told anyone about that, for multiple reasons. But the one main reason was so that nobody treated me differently. I don't want their pity or their full attention; I just want things to be the same." Chara blushed and I sat up, her not seeing. "I just didn't want that to happen now."

I stood up and looked down at Chara. She just looked adorable with all the flowers surrounding her, and that blush wasn't going away, but it was making her even more cute. I looked to my right and blushed as well for staring, but I couldn't help it.

I walked around and looked down at Chara when I was in front of her, my hands on my knees as I was leaned over a bit. She smiled and so did I.

"Well, don't worry about that," I said to her. I outstretched my hand and she took it, and I pulled Chara to her feet. I had pulled her up so quickly, that she was starting to fall towards my chest. I went with it and when she leaned against me, I hugged her.

"I wouldn't change," I said, adding on to what I had said earlier, "unless you wanted me to."

Chara looked up at me and made a small smile. "I would never want you to change, Azzy. Your the best." I smiled back.

We just continued to stare at each other and I wasn't really wanting to stop. I just couldn't take it anymore. The way she barely has to look up at me cause we're almost the same hight, her eyes her, everything! I think I was gonna confess how I felt to her, but I didn't think I would do it the way I did.

It was like I had no control of my body for about 10 seconds, and in those 10 seconds, I had leaned down and planted a kiss on Chara's lips, but I didn't disconnect yet. She jump from shock, but I could feel Chara give in and kiss back after a few seconds.I kept my hands around her waist and she moved hers around my neck.

This moment was absolutely perfect. I didn't want it to end.

We stayed like that a little longer until I started to pull back, and Chara did as well. She opened her eyes and looked at me, them sparkling and were still full in shock.

"I really like you Chara," I began, "no wait, I love you. Not only in like a sibling kind of love, but stronger. I just can't take how your always so adorable, and just hearing what you had to go through in the past, makes me want to be with you all the time." I looked away. "It's ok if you don't feel the same way, it's just-"

Chara cut me off with another kiss, and this time I was the one to jump from shock, but soon kissed back.

She pulled back and looked up at me and smiled. "Azzy," Chara said, "I feel the same. I do love you back."

I was shocked. I hadn't really known what her response was gonna be, but I was glad it was yes.

"Why don't we had back home?" I asked her. "I'm getting a little hungry anyways."

Chara nodded. "Yeah, that's a good idea."

We broke our hug, but walking back home, our hands were connected. Chara was walking on my left side and sometimes leaned her head on my shoulder.

Today was the best day ever.