06

~ Chara's POV ~

Asriel got up on the bed and sat next to me on my left. My knees were against my chest and I was hugging them while rocking back and forth.

He gently rubbed my back again. "Chara, what's wrong?" Asriel asked. "I'm not going to sleep until you talk."

I chuckled through the tears. "T-That's sweet Azzy, but you may be here all night."

Asriel shrugged. "Fine by me. I'm not leaving until you talk to me."

I looked over at him and smiled a sad smile. Asriel was already leaning against the wall on the left side of my bed, looking back at me.

I sighed. "I g-guess I had to tell you soon."

Asriel smiled and I turned to look at him better.

"On the surface," I began, "I had a normal life. My mom and dad were nice to me and I had lots of friends. I didn't have any siblings, but I didn't mind. My life was normal, like I said, until my mom and dad started drinking. They soon started arguing over who took custody of me and would abuse me if I tried to get involved. I would be bruised and scared the next day at school, but my friends never took notice. It was like they hated me. I felt all of humanity hated me." -I sniffed and wiped away an oncoming tear- "Soon, I started acting differently - even my parents took notice of that. Once when my parents weren't drinking, they took me to the doctor, and they thought I was just angry that my parents were drinking, so the doctor asked them to slow down on it, then soon stop, or keep me out of sight as soon as they were gonna start drinking again. They never did.

"Then, I was starting to become more and more angry at them, and one day they went out to shop, leaving me at home alone. They died in a car crash, and I saw it on the news. I was happy, yet sad at the same time. I didn't know what to do, and I was scared. I thought the world was against me, cause I still loved my parents and I knew they loved me back; the alcohol was just messing with their minds.

"Then, I tried to . . . t-to . . . . " Asriel placed a hand on my back.

"Don't worry, you don't have to finish," He said, "if it upsets you to much."

I shook my head. "No, somebody ought to know, and I can trust you enough.

"I tried to end my life." Asriel gasped, but tried to keep it quiet. "I thought humanity was just trying to tell me that nobody loved me. Nobody wanted me, so I took their bate and climbed Mt Ebott to jump off the side and die. I then walked into a cave-like thing and saw a huge hole. When I looked into that hole," I smiled sadly, "I knew there was no way I could die then. I was to young, to full of hopes and dreams. I decided to turn around and just call a relative to take me in . . . but I slipped. I fell backwards into the hole and thought my life was over. My second chance was just an illusion, and that I was bound to die as soon as I started climbing that mountain."

I looked straight at Asriel, into his eyes that looked sad and on the verge of tears from my story. "But you found me." I said, smiling happily this time. "You gave me that second chance I knew I needed. You . . . . " I started crying tears of joy and kept smiling. Asriel leaned over and gave me a hug. I let my forehead rest on his chest, hearing his heart beat. "You gave me happiness I haven't felt in a long time, Azzy."

I could hear Asriel chuckle. "I would do it all again Chara. I'm really glad I found you."

We sat like that for a while longer. I never wanted Asriel to let go of me. He was so warm, so caring, so easy to talk to.

Wait . . . what am I saying? Asriel's like a brother to me! Of course he would have those qualities.

Or . . . do I feel more feelings for him?

-----

~ Asriel's POV ~

I sat on Chara's bed and held her in a hug. She just was leaning against my chest and we sat in silence. I was still trying to digest her back story she just told me. Why would she try and kill herself?! She amazing! I can't believe she didn't have a single friend on the surface that deeply cared about her. Humanity sounds horrible, and I've been taught that humans were always mean and uncaring, but Chara was the opposite. Man, if I was on the surface, I would've stayed with her as often as I could. She was like a . . . a sis . . . ter . . . .

What was I saying?! I can't really call her my sister! I care more about Chara in a romantic way than in a sibling way.

Wait . . . did I just . . . say what I thought I said?

I looked down at Chara. Her eyes were closed and she was smiling while asleep against me. I looked back up at the wall across the room and felt my face heat up. I wasn't really sure why I was embarrassed; maybe it was cause I had just told myself that I was in love with Chara, my supposed adopted sister of some sorts.

Oh my gosh . . . I'm in love . . . with Chara. Haha! Gosh, so that was it! I was just embarrassed that I was getting closer to her since I was developing a crush.

I looked back down at Chara who was still asleep against me. I tried to gently pry her arms from around my waist, but Chara only squirmed and stayed asleep, her arms didn't move. Haha, I guess I was stuck here.

I laid down with Chara on my left side. Hm . . . I wonder if she feels the same about me.