08

~ Asriel's POV ~

Once Chara and I returned home, I looked and saw that Mom had made us some more butterscotch-cinnamon pie, so I heated up two big slices of it. We were sitting at the table and laughing and telling jokes and stuff, until Chara led us off topic.

"What are we gonna tell Mom and Dad?" She asked. I was confused on two parts.

"Tell them what?" I asked. My eyes widened as I realized something. "And you called them 'Mom' and 'Dad'!" I was excited on the last part.

Chara shrugged and blushed a little. "Well, I consider Toriel a mother now, since I've been with you guys for a while, but I still haven't seen your dad. He's the king, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, he usually works at the castle, but may come home late at night, so we never see him that much."

Chara nodded as well. "Ok. And, ya know. Tell them that were, like, going out and stuff."

I blushed. "U-Um, I d-didn't think we were going out, y-yet."

Chara blushed a crimson red. "S-Sorry! I j-just kind of figured that." She rubbed the back of her neck and looked down to her left.

"D-Do you wanna s-start dating?" I asked after an awkward silence.

Chara shrugged and barely looked up to see me. "If you want."

I nodded a little hesitant, and Chara replied with another nod. We both looked at each other and laughed.

"Man," I said, "that was kinda awkward."

Chara laughed again. "Yeah," she got out between laughs.

We stopped laughing and I stood up to take our empty plates to the kitchen. I started washing them when I felt someone giving me a huh from behind. I smiled as I knew it was Chara. I then smirked, coming up with a little plan to have some fun.

I put the plates down and started to turn. "Chara," I said towards the living room. "You still in there?!"

Chara snickered and I started walking back to the living room and this took Chara by suprise, so she continued to hold onto my waist in a hug. It looked like I was dragging her, which was true.

I looked around with a smile on my face. "Where'd you go?!" I felt like an adult playing around with a child, but who cares?! I was having fun.

Chara was to busy snickering, so I whipped around and tickled her sides, making her squeal from suprise. I stopped and she let me go, taking a deep breath.

"Asriel Dreemurr," She said with a smile. "Your such a butt!"

I chuckled and shrugged my shoulder. "Eh, you still love me."

Chara chuckled as well and stood up straight and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I do love you Azzy."

We both laughed again and I leaned in and we touched foreheads. Chara closed her eyes and smiled and I gave her a kiss on the lips and she kissed back. I placed my arms around her waist and we stood there for a while.

I then heard heavy footsteps coming from the stairs. "Is anyone home?!" A deep male voice boomed.

I pulled back from Chara and looked at the entrance area. I then saw my dad, king Asgore Dreemurr of the Underground, standing there with a smile. I let go of Chara and ran full speed at him.

"DAD!" I yelled happily. "YOUR HOME!"

-----

~ Chara's POV ~

"DAD!" Asriel yelled, "YOUR HOME!"

Asriel ran full speed at this other goat creature he called his dad. The man, who was claimed to be the king of this Underground place, was right in front of me. He had a long purple cloak that touched the floor, a crown on his head in between his long horns, white fur and a huge grin.

"How have you been, Asriel?" The goat man asked, rubbing Asriel's head.

"Great!" Asriel replied with an even bigger smile. He then looked at me. "Oh, Dad, that's my friend over there." He pointed to me and I tensed up.

I waved shyly. "H-Hello."

The king's eyes went wide, but his eyes went back to normal and his grin never faltered. "What's your name, human?" He asked curiously.

"Chara." I replied.

"Well, howdy Chara. I'm King Asgore Dreemurr, but please call me Asgore."

I nodded and smiled. I was already comfortable around him. "It's nice to finally meet you, Asgore!" I had tilted my head to the left slightly and closed my eyes while I smiled.

I opened my eyes and Asgore nodded. "It's nice to see a human after so many years." He said. I was confused by what he said, about seeing a human after some years, but I ignored it.

I looked over at the stairs again and saw Toriel climbing them. She looked at us and smiled. "Hello my children." She looked at Asgore and smiled even bigger, walking over to give him a hug (ASGORE × TORIEL FOREVER!!! NO SANS × TORIEL HERE!!!!). "Hello Asgore." She said, leaving the hug. "You've finally come home."

Asgore chuckled. "I've finally had the time to come home."

He then looked at me, then back to Toriel. He then leaned down to Asriel and told him: "Why don't you and Chara here head back to your room? I need to talk with your mother for a little bit."

Asriel nodded and ran over to grab my hand. "Let's go Chara!" I smiled as he pulled me back to our room.