Finding my way

As we walked to class it was pretty awkward not gonna lie. so after a few failed attempts to start a conversation with Peter I decided to shut up, I guess he noticed and felt just as weird as me but it still surprised me when these next few words came out of his mouth, "why are you being so nice to me?" he ask slowing down his pace a bit. I waited a second before answering him, because honestly I had to stop and think. why was I reaching out to this guy and walking him to class and 'attempting' to talk with him. I had no clue so I choose to play it cool "because you're new and I've been going here for a few years so I know my way around pretty well. plus you seem like a loner and I enjoy annoying people so I decided to be nice, but behind this smile lies a really sarcastic idiot who spends hr free time listening to a British boy band." he started laughing, I half expected it but still I pouted a bit anyways. "so your a freak basically who fantasizes over one direction and is overly nice to people but really has no intention of Ever being their friend." he says still smirking. we are now standing outside the classroom but right before we go in I say one last thing "now Peter your wrong on one thing, I would actually like to become your friend, you seem unique. and with a puzzled look from him and a smile from me I took my seat I the front of class.