Finding my way

"Listen Jess, Im sorry. I overreacted and shouldn't have fought with that asshole. I just got mad that somebody else had their hands on you.I'm sorry" I look up into the bathroom mirror to see him standing behind me. he's just apologized. I'm not sure what to say. I'm not mad at him for fighting. honest I'm not, I'm mad that he would be so possessive and dominating yet when I just want to talk to him he pushes me away.

"Jason I'm sorry that you feel the need to protect me from life, he was just some jerk I would have been fine. but instead of it being a simple thing you made a scene and started fighting. I understand you're just trying to help but usually it just ends up hurting somebody." I started strong in the beginning of my explanation but my voice was failing me by the end so it just came out as a soft whisper.

"Jess you need me it's my job to protect you. he could have done much more than feel you up. you should be thanking me." he says pretty loud. this frustrates me he honestly wants me to thank him? after everything? "thank you? why would I thank you?" I ask
"Because I saved your ass bitch!" he yells. tears spring to my eyes, the arrow hits me straight through my heart and shatters it into a million pieces on the cold floor.

I hear him calling after me, but I keep walking home the warmth of my tears is a depressing reminder of what just took place in that house.

Why would he say that? I was so gentle and meek about what I told him.

Eventually, the voice gets quieter, either I've gone into shut down mode and blocked his voice out, or he gave up and went back to the party.